Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 12 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Not sure about this one: It was seen around the Maidenhead area in the early 80s on the private plate HUGIE (it was owned by Hughie, the then landlord of The Crown in Bray)

esprit-turbo-tmo620y-1982_zpss67xm3kc.jp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Max

Top man and many thanks for the updates, I will add your car to the Register and investigate the other car.

Your car was missing from the list.

I nearly bid on your wrecked car at Copart but it went quite high selling to someone in Europe I seem to remember. It was the first Dry Sump I had seen with comps.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

I would have been gutted as well Max, even wrecked it had me hooked but I had a budget of £6k for the car damaged allowing money to repair, bidding went mad!

That red car is not coming up on the DVLA site so guess it has had a plate change, made me check my paperwork as thought it was mine due to four plate changes over its life.

Must admit I was going to Essex Rep mine but seeing a clean example in Red with black comps does make me think ?

What Esprit are you after? Another dry sump?

Did you car have a roof radio? It is one chassis number after my red one!

• Like 1

Here's another pic of that W-reg d-sumper at SGT in Sep 81 - especially for Dave! Love the Elite and Capri (with vinyl roof!) keeping it company. Reminds you just how radical the shape of those Lotus wedges was among their 70s/80s contemporaries.

esprit-turbo-kjm950w-1981-2-lr_zpsg1kdxn

Also, this has probably been posted elsewhere on TLF, but here's my slightly battered reminder of the cupboard full of Faberge Turbo aftershave bottles I bought in vain hope of winning a Turbo Esprit, c35y ago! 

faberge-turbo-after-shave-lotus-esprit-l

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Fantastic news Dave and glad you have been hit with the enthusiasm stick !  You change your mind on which way your projects are going more than me lol .  Enjoy the garage time and shopping list,  little and often makes things happen  :thumbup:

Edited by silverfrost
  • Like 1

A

Brilliant news Dave - was gutted when I saw you had put it up for sale......so glad you've had a change of mind!B-) Look forward to seeing the work progress:thumbup:

Great photos Jack!!! Anymore for anymore?:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Thanks Stephen/Mike

Well I started today and drained the fuel and gave the underside it's first inspection since buying it. Will start its own post in another thread soon.

IMG_0195.JPG.0e570954312df922dc99e4b450da70ab.JPG

Found that image you sent me which has reinforced my current plan albeit without the colou coded lourves

• Like 1

The other black Dry sump car with compomotive's was also for winning, by JPS i still got a big Poster of it,

(bought it a couple of years ago)

Hello can you please add my car. Chassis number 1109 made in 1981 dry sump turbo Esprit, originally Red with black interior. Red changed to black. Currently having engine rebuild. In Cape Town South Africa.

4 minutes ago, Petrolheadsa said:

Hello can you please add my car. Chassis number 1109 made in 1981 dry sump turbo Esprit, originally Red with black interior. Red changed to black. Currently having engine rebuild. In Cape Town South Africa.

Sounds good. Any photos?

On 02/09/2017 at 08:59, Jack Stone said:

Also, this has probably been posted elsewhere on TLF, but here's my slightly battered reminder of the cupboard full of Faberge Turbo aftershave bottles I bought in vain hope of winning a Turbo Esprit, c35y ago! 

Haha yes, me too. The Faberge car was displayed in the window of the Co-Op department store in King St, Hammersmith at the time, and I bought a load of the smelly stuff and filled in several forms, all to no avail of course!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's one we want back! Very few original Copper Fire dry sumps left over here. None with Panasonic roof stereo!