Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 17 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Been talking to south west lotus centre and they are looking to get a company to re make oil pump belts. I’d buy 4 or more who else would? Give them an idea on numbers when they approach maker. J

23 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Although not active I have continued to maintain the register so happy to take any further updates. 😀

Nice to see you on here Dave, hope all is well mate , Stu 

So I’ve bought a set of 4 stud compomotive wheels for my 5 stud dry sump. Has anyone tried aluminium welding up the 4 stud holes and re drilling for 5 stud? 

It can be done Jason and has been done in the past, not ideal though but is an option .   I would advise going the lotusbits route and just buy Mikes alloy four stud conversion kit.   lighter and safer  :)

A

• 2 weeks later...

So the 4 stud compomotives I have bought have arrived but the front ones have a 2 inch barrel instead of 1 inch and the centre pokes through. Any one else seen them like this before? May see if i can get the centre machined so i can fit a barrel like the essex ones. Any thoughts? Still toying with making up a 5 stud set tho rather than convert the hubs.

fullsizeoutput_3103.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3101.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3058.jpeg

Yeah I get they are split rims but if you look at the smaller dished front wheel the barrels is different. See pic as comparison.

One has the outer barrel on top of the centre essex pic the ones i have the centre pokes through.

fullsizeoutput_3168.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3101.jpeg

Yep that is normal on 81 onwards dry Sumps, look at some of the photos on this post, the rears are the same but these were the strengthened fronts when I discussed With Compomotive. My fronts were exactly like these.

Do or do not, there is no try! 

If you are going to go non-original with 5-stud CX 500s, you could consider another option which is to do what I did and have the BBS wheels full-face diamond cut. 

They look great and are a better quality wheel than the CX.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

#968 is for sale in Singapore. Looking at the VIN it’s a UK car that’s been exported many years ago. It’s been re-upholstered and resprayed. The quality of the paint is below par. The interior trim, although quite well done, is in non-original style. Missing original steering wheel and some trim. Engine and mechanicals need work imho, scary vacuum tap off (missing vacuum rail) and crankcase vent open to the environment... pricing is what it is in Singapore...

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=853945&DL=1120

Ad initium

I think the front indicator lenses are mounted the wrong way around. Rear bumper lacks the Lotus name recess. I have seen that on other dry sumps too, tough. Interestingly I can’t fit into this one. My knee touches the left vent. Must be the upholstery as I fit just fine in my 83. The frunk insides look rather untidy. 

Ad initium

6 minutes ago, Gis said:

I think the front indicator lenses are mounted the wrong way around. Rear bumper lacks the Lotus name recess. I have seen that on other dry sumps too, tough. Interestingly I can’t fit into this one. My knee touches the left vent. Must be the upholstery as I fit just fine in my 83. The frunk insides look rather untidy. 

This lens was used on 83/84 cars through to the end of the G- Shape.

the 80-82 cars have the same Lucas lenses as used on S1/S2.

I’ve only seen this rear bumper on chassis #939 1980 build without the rear lettering 

• Like 1

It has the wrong headlamp masks. Sill mounted ashtrays have also been deleted. Wrong seatbelt stalks (although original type are NLA). 

The interior looks very well done but far from original.:)

It's getting there......

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2019 at 08:08, Lex Templar said:

Hi Trevor do we know the chassis number of your old White/tobacco Dry Sump. And am I right in saying Compomotive wheels but no roof top stereo?

Hi guys. After 6 months I see I have a question to answer! My car (ex Trevsked) is alive and well and already on the register, 1035. It has the single middle supports  for the tail gate louvres btw.

Thanks!

53BF1376-7B10-49FA-827B-E214CD1C4204.jpeg

Edited by GJones
Add picture
  • Like 2