Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The birth of LotusRescue - Page 8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The birth of LotusRescue

• Gold FFM

Got a couple on my phone, not great ones but once I remember to take said phone out of the car I will post them.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Just posted the latest acquisition by LotusRescue. One of two Lotus Elites, this one is a 501. See classifieds for more info.

20171102_102319[1].jpg

20171102_102352[1].jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Looking forward to pictures of the elite John,  Not to many black elites about and i think that colour really suits them  :thumbup:

So you want a matching pair.

20171102_102306[1].jpg

resize.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 7/21/2017 at 16:44, silverfrost said:

Gald to see Lotus  Rescue still going full speed ahead John  :),   Look forward to the pictures of upcoming projects for sale.  

Still cant get over the state of that red s4 and how bad it has got, such a shame :cry:

Hi Mike, that S2 is a bit of a shed. Going to need loads of work, inside, outside, on top, underneath. Every inch of her although keenly priced and comes with a new crated engine due o head gasket failure some years ago.,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

IMG-20171225-WA0000.thumb.jpg.77281994ba09f46716fc9f1825bf527c.jpgWell at long bloody last the imported S1 has finally come out of the paint shop and I must say it is looking rather good. Nice new front spoiler, bumper and lip on her and gone are those stupid looking valances. The side repeating lights have all been removed and new rear spoiler and bumper fitted along with the correct recess for the rear number plate. The interior has been sorted out and where she had bloody awful shag pile carpet on the dash and center console, is now cover in a nice Alcantara which color matches the original flock and looks pretty good. The paint job has come up really well with  good depth of finish. Mind you, it should after all the work and time that went into her. Now just to sort out the mechanical. First issue is the nice new correct S1 exhaust which was bought doesn't fit the American made manifold, so that has to be changed. The radiator, frame and fans will all be renewed to bring her back to original spec along with a host of other parts. The chassis is all good and very fresh, so no concerns on that score. Next the wheels will be stripped back of their paint and the original rims polished which will further enhance her appearance. So next is sort out the wiring for the lights, get them all working with additional inline fuses. Change fluids, belts, service the carbs and give them a tune. Do the brakes, and double check all the bushes. The shocks and springs all look pretty near new and have adjustable's fitted. Still waiting on parts from SJ, like the engine cover and door mirror. And one job I am dreading. Rebuilding all the door parts, window mechanism etc. Over 400 photos taken of the restoration process to date which will be ideal for any future owner.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
LotusRescue have been asked to market a rather nice Lotus Esprit Dry Sump in Essex Blue color's due to change in circumstances.

Here are some of the details of what has just been completed on her.
Turbo and Waste gate done.
Two new fuel tanks done
New thru chassis coolant pipes,
New oiler cooler
New stainless steel clutch hose installed.
New clutch assembly.
New ignition module and ignition set up.
New alternator.
New high torque starter motor.
New poly bush gearbox mounts.
New rubber engine mounts.
New coolant hoses.

Complete engine rebuild to include liners, pistons, rings, shells, oil seals and gaskets, valve stem seals. In fact everything a newly built engine would have.

Interior re-trim to include a new windscreen.

Front and rear brake rebuilt including calipers and new discs.
Probably loads I have missed but a full breakdown of works and invoices as proof are available.

To date this car has cost just over £30,000 and the owner is looking to recoup his costs. If a further 5/6k was to be spent on paint then this car would be one of the best out there.

There is a huge history file with the car which shows very low ownership and an original letter from the first owner when the order was placed for the car. It makes interesting reading. 
Plus loads of history on the car from Andy Graham, Lotus Archivist, and the previous owner.
She is not officially and Essex dry sump but must be one of the closest original cars there is out there, even the chassis numbers are very close to the Essex run.

Obviously huge investment potential as we all know pries are rocketing.

Photographs to follow.
Any interest please PM me.
  • Like 2

• Gold FFM

Hi Mike, all's well up in sunny Scotland but bloody cold. Started the rebuild on the American S1 and it is now looking good, the paint job came out very well and with the change back to proper spoilers, bumper's, light etc looks far, far better. Hows your car coming on now.

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Guy's. LotusRescue have been asked to help sell off a load of new and old Lotus parts.

- S4 Esprit Turbo inlet manifolds brand new.

- Flywheels, clutch etc, lots of random parts.

- OE NOS LC Excel Peco downpipe

-Mann air filter, K&N Oil filters, Magnetic sump plugs, Cambelts, Drivebelts etc.

Late Excel chassis - has both sets of suspension mounting points at rear for late and early model excels.  Complete with diff and driveshafts

- Potentially the very early narrow body excel.

PM for more details and prices.

Wow - sorry, although I've often seen this Thread's title I just assumed it was regarding some breakdown service 🤭

Having just read the first post - what a fantastic idea 👍

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

LotusRescue invited to go see a 1971 Lotus Elan which has been in storage since almost new. Had some water damage many, many years ago and been in storage under cover ever since.

Also been given the option on a couple of Esprit X180's and a V8. Just waiting to find out if the are Turbo's or n/a's.  Very little info on the V8 as yet.

Busy week.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

So two X180 none turbo's , 1 Black and 1 Red, 1 V8 in Silver with an engine in bits in box's. Worthwhile projects !!!!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So an update on the X180's.

The Red one was taken off the road due to blown head gasket and has been sitting with the cylinders full of water, hence the engine is now frozen.

The Black one is a running, rolling restoration.

The Silver V8 had an issue wit the turbo's and the owner decided to have the engine rebuilt, then the project stalled.

He has decided he is now keeping the V8 and is going to have it rebuilt.

The 180's can be bought as a pair at a sensible price. PM me for details.

• Gold FFM

P.S. Photo's taken inside LotusRescue's new workshop. Not enough height for a ramp, but has a nice pit instead. Nice and warm, dry and loads of lights. ☺️

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Cheers Dan. rented from another Lotus owner. Just a pity the doors open inwards or I could easily get two cars inside at a time. Might do something abut that soon though with owners permission. Save me a lot of space at home.

Mixture of project cars and storage of used parts is always the Lotus nuts drama lol. 

Hope they concent to the door change, cant see why they would not authorise it. 

Be nice for you to be able to get two cars in.  :thumbup:

Has lotusrescue managed to find the two elites you acuired new homes yet ?

A

• Gold FFM

Hi Dan. Possibly one going to Derby once up and running properly. Been doing some work on her over last weekend and just waiting for a new fuel lock valve and ignition parts. The second one wont be coming home for a while though as space is still limited. Spent this week sorting out the new workshop and getting some work done on the S1 but its been a begger of a week. We sadly lost our old dog to the big C the other week so decided to get another rescue and that didn't work out to well, he bit our grandson so immediately dispatched back to the rescue center. We then had to run down to Co Durham to pick up another dog, this time a pedigree pup. Idea being he grandson can help raise him so he can get over the fear of the first dog. Now to crack on with the S1 again.

• Like 1

Glad all good on the car side John, 

Gutted to hear about the dog, Sadly the big C gets most of old dogs in the end sadly. 

I hope the old rescue dog finds a home on a farm or something. Not sure what they do with dogs that go back after biting someone. 

Hope the bite was not to bad.

The new pup will be much better for your grandson and they will former a much better bond growing up together imo.

• Like 1

A