Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige 380 vs Exige 360 Cup - Page 6 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 380 vs Exige 360 Cup

DJW

Sounds good but I don't believe they have type approval for the CupR wing and splitter. As with the harnesses and quick release steering wheel these were things that had to be dealer fit post registration. I'm hoping I'm wrong and you're right Imran!

51 minutes ago, alias23 said:

LSD (wow!) and 390bhp.

Whhhhhaaaattttt.....first the roof is allowed off the coupe when before   you'd die due to aero imbalance and now an LSD !!! You're all doomed .

Black n gold

Exciting times!  

I was aware that this model was imminent when I bought mine.  It will be good to see the full spec from Lotus when it is announced and hopefully they have found a more track friendly exhaust system. Imagine if they fit the TFT display from the 3-11, deposits would come rushing in. :)

5 hours ago, The Pits said:

I don't think there's much weight to come out of a Sport 380 in the lightest spec (that nobody ever ordered!). Hopefully it will be sub-1100kg wet somehow.

I can't see it being near £100k though, why would it be so much more expensive than the Evora Sport 410? The last V6 Cup was £62k and there weren't many options for the price. A similarly specc'd V6S was £65k so the V6 Cup was actually good value, not that anyone noticed at the time.

My guess would be high £70k's basic, creeping over £80k with extra carbon bits but we'll see soon enough.

Sorry being from across the pound I was thinking in USD.

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Just been advised the new Cup will have a chassis mounted rear wing, extended front splitter, LSD (wow!) and 390bhp.

Uh I'd like to know you source.... Source like these are nice to have! They managed to fit an LSD on the car and save weight?!? The extra 10hp is not hard to get. But how heavy is the LSD and how much carbon must they have used to compensate for it? Chassis mounted rear wing... That does mean no trunk space I think. So really this car is about the track. People still wiling to getaway with a friend will therefore stick to Sport 380 and people wanting to trash competition at the track will go for the Cup (assuming it will be called a Cup)  

Well just a few days to wait till we get the full story. Personnaly here are my guesses : engine ECU remap definitely, gearbox ECU remap very probably, the BG6 still has a few nm to give provided the car doesn't go for absolute top end range. Larger supercharger possibly, but I don't think it will get one either, it's not really necessary...   And I still  don't think it will get the chargecooler and or the LSD because of "weight"... I'm pretty sure Lotus will want to send a message to a certain company when it comes to their stuff being lightweight. This car will probably advertise at around 1000kg dry weight.   Kind of  a "do more with less" theme, just use everything you already have better.

As you say we'll see soon enough but my best guess hasn't changed. 380 motor. Power and torque unchanged. No LSD. 380 aero plus wing vents, race pack (Nitrons) as standard, hopefully harnesses, extinguisher, external cut offs and central locking, alarm and airbag delete. A baffled sump would be nice as would limited production.

I really can't see where the weight loss will come from. Sport 380 in its lightest (1100kg) spec has no mudflaps, no aircon, no stereo, no sound deadening, no hard top, extra carbon panels, titanium exhaust, forged wheels, poly carbonate rear window, lithium ion battery, carbon seats. Where are they going to find further weight savings from?

• Like 2

I totally agree with you on this one they dug themselves into some kind of a hole by making the Sport380 that edgy.... Base the car on the Race 380 and just had the headlights and the other necessary niceties for a road car. the Race 380 is at 998kg dry so if you add the stuff to be road compliant then you get a regular Cup 380. of course some people are going to moan about it evidently.

However they also could do something bordering on insane and it would not make any sense whatsoever in the lotus big picture, but they could take the focus away from weight loss...

I'd prefer they got on with it and went straight for the chargecooled V6 sooner rather than later, especially now the 380 has a lower rev limit. At least the 400/410 engine would get it back to 7,000rpm. That way the last hurrah for the current generation of Exige could be a 460bhp nutter model which would really stick it to the exotics. It's more likely that we'll have the 380 cars this year and the last hurrah will be a 400/410 chargecooled Exige some time towards the end of 2018, should keep some interest in the current platform until 2020. It will be utterly amazing whenever it comes out but surely all the hard work has been already done with the 311?

From a conversation I had, reading between the lines, probably 10k to 15k on top of a 380. So for that you would want 410 hp. Else all the carbon bits, track pack, titanium exhaust made standard... but I'm guessing really. As Mr Pits says, where would the weight reduction coming from

cheers

Mark

Edited by Mark030358
  • Like 1