Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
s3 wiper arm - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

s3 wiper arm

• Gold FFM

afternoon wise ones, my wiper arm is somewhat devoid of the little spliney things   ,being made of what appears to be hardened lead/alloy, they are disappearing at an alarming rate,has anyone had this and what can be done ?? is there a mod ?as its the fine british summer which means rain, think i better start working on a fix prior to wiper failure any help much appreciated rgds steve 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The arm is purposely softer than the post that it splines onto.

You could try to 'dress' the splines with a file (both arm and pivot).  If you need an arm best to try a breakers in the UK or SJ Sportscars,

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• Gold FFM

that wouldn't work dressing that is ,as the female as you say softer then the male (no pun intended)the splines wear so "dressing" would make the problem worse ,as for breaker ??for an esprit ?? i had read many moons ago of an arm that could be modified and a much cheaper alternative,ill look into sj,s thanks if they produce them dont spose they are cheap either rgds steve

• Gold FFM

thats what i was trying to explain the male is fine ,but i remember a long time ago there was an alternative ,modifying an arm from a later car but cant find it the sj is a bit pricey against a bit of fettling just wondered if anyone could remember