Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Leather Seats Removal & Installing - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Leather Seats Removal & Installing

I'm curious about the difficulty of removing the leather skins from the seats of my S4s. Can someone give me info on the following:

1) Are the leather skins in pieces (headress, backing,etc..) or is is one LARGE leather piece?

2) How easy is it to remove the seats from the car?

3) Any special tools to remove/install leather to the seats?

4) Difficulty level of this job 1 - 10 (1= oil change 10=Tbelt change for me)

Ed-

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leather comes off in one piece then the head rest is seperate. You have to undo the rear panel screws. Then the leather is held on with spring clips. simply take them off and leather will be released. When reinstalling, make sure your stretch the leather over the frame to prevent it sagging.

Very easy to do ;) I got to be a pro at removing my mobile couches LOL

Just watch the seat sliders, they'll catch your door panels if you aren't careful. Also, remember how many washers were at each location, although it doesn't really mess much up much if you dont :D

James

Thanks for the info guys. It seems removing the seats from the car is pretty simple. Removing the leather from the seats might be an adventure. I'm afraid of taking it apart and then not being able to put it back in good order.

Are there hog ties (clips) that need a certain tool?

Ed-

Thanks for the info guys.  It seems removing the seats from the car is pretty simple.  Removing the leather from the seats might be an adventure.  I'm afraid of taking it apart and then not being able to put it back in good order. 

Are there hog ties (clips) that need a certain tool? 

Ed-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hog-ring pliers should be available locally. Installing new covers isn't that difficult, just take your time and make sure everything is taunt. There's a good basic how-to on the leatherseats.com website IIRC (they did a video of it on the DIY network).

James

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Has anybody had the seats recovered at Lotus,Do you have to go through a Dealer

How much and how long Also Has anybody with a phone number and who to speak too

Thanks Paul Fleeto GT3

Hi All,

Has anybody had the seats recovered at Lotus,Do you have to go through a Dealer

How much and how long Also Has anybody with a phone number and who to speak too

Thanks Paul Fleeto GT3

Lotus will re-trim your seats for you but I don't have any costs for you. Mel Broome (sp?) was the guy who helped with some of my re-trim - I don't have his email address available at the moment.

banner-1.jpg

I was quoted

• 15 years later...
On 12/07/2005 at 19:12, Bibs said:

iirc they are 14mm bolts

In case anyone else comes to read up on this little job, I just removed the passenger seat on my Stevens and got 3x 13mm nuts (one bolt for which was inconveniently not welded to the seat runner) and 1x 1/2"... so anyone's guess really 🥴