Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 Toyota-powered Elise/Exige 5-lug conversion - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 Toyota-powered Elise/Exige 5-lug conversion

Hey from across the pond.  I'm wondering if any of you guys have done the 4-lug to 5-lug conversion, and if it's as simple as just replacing the hubs from a VX 220.  I'm also wondering about the front hubs of the S3 Exige, since they are also 5-lug.  Does anyone here have any information on what parts it would take to make the conversion?

- Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 02:33, VisualEchos said:

Hey from across the pond.  I'm wondering if any of you guys have done the 4-lug to 5-lug conversion, and if it's as simple as just replacing the hubs from a VX 220.  I'm also wondering about the front hubs of the S3 Exige, since they are also 5-lug.  Does anyone here have any information on what parts it would take to make the conversion?

The V6 uses a later bearing pack with a different speed sensor and wiring plug, although it would bolt up.

Why do you want to use 5 lug bearings?? This will severely restrict the wheels and brake that are available to you. Yes the 5 lug bearings and appropriate discs are a direct fit

6 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

The V6 uses a later bearing pack with a different speed sensor and wiring plug, although it would bolt up.

Why do you want to use 5 lug bearings?? This will severely restrict the wheels and brake that are available to you. Yes the 5 lug bearings and appropriate discs are a direct fit

Thanks for the reply.  The goal would be to increase the number of wheels available by changing to 5-lug, as 4-lug is pretty much dead in the USA.  I've also seen some race cars make this conversion, and wondered what they might have used.

z111.jpg

- Andrew