Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stepper Motor - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stepper Motor

Hi

Anyone know what is best to replace the vent flap stepper motor or a 4k7 pot to fit?

This is it... understand its not available

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/c-air-distribution-flaps-338569/#post4484553

On mine the 4k7 pot is playing up and the motor "jiggles", its a lot better now i manually ran it end to end, but still playing up in certain positions.

Maybe some electrical spray and more use, but its such a pig to get too, would rather do a proper fix.

James

These certainly seem to be troublesome. Someone at the factory tracked one down for ame a few years ago, even so I still kept the repaired original as a future spare. A member on here kindly did the electrical wizardy but he doesn't post any more. Please update if you get sorted for future reference.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 3 weeks later...

So far, it is a simple device (Davia), there is a blue and white wire that are the DC to the motor which presumably reverses polarity for direction. The motor appears to have a capacitor in parallel and a 15R resistor in series.

Within is a 4k7 pot giving positional feedback to the HVAC Module. (Orange and Green = 4k7, purple wiper arm). Due to bad pot contact mine is "waving". Have discovered a replacement pot and will post that once am confident its a done deal.

My issue currently is the amount of travel, it appears to want to travel 180degree in free space, within a bracket that allows 90deg. Freely it appears to operate and know when to stop, so it does not make sense to me it will hard stop against the bracket. Does anyone have info how it "balances" into position.

• 5 weeks later...

Mine just seemed to cycle itself and work somehow. I know what you mean, I tested it with a current and thought I'd unset the position as it did a full lap, but as you say it seems to know when to stop.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 11 months later...
On 10/06/2017 at 21:35, JamesARBrown said:

So far, it is a simple device (Davia), there is a blue and white wire that are the DC to the motor which presumably reverses polarity for direction. The motor appears to have a capacitor in parallel and a 15R resistor in series.

Within is a 4k7 pot giving positional feedback to the HVAC Module. (Orange and Green = 4k7, purple wiper arm). Due to bad pot contact mine is "waving". Have discovered a replacement pot and will post that once am confident its a done deal.

My issue currently is the amount of travel, it appears to want to travel 180degree in free space, within a bracket that allows 90deg. Freely it appears to operate and know when to stop, so it does not make sense to me it will hard stop against the bracket. Does anyone have info how it "balances" into position.

Hi James

Did you measure the 15R on the component or just read the colour code?

I'm just repairing mine now as the resistor has burn out, there was also a  dry joint on the pot wiper.