Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Trolley jack - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Trolley jack

Can anyone recommend a suitable lightweight trolley jack for an Elise please?

i have two already but they are large and heavy and not easy to move around in a tight garage.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Its a nice looking jack but you could buy over 3 of these for the same price. I dont really see the point of buying an aluminium jack if its going to be actually heavier, bigger and have a lower lifting capacity than the one in this link? I bought one of these plus a hockey puck for £35. Tried it on the car this week to get the wheel off and it was great

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profile-Hydraulic-Trolley-Garage-Lifting/dp/B01H5GAE1Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1498684378&sr=8-3&keywords=LOW+PROFILE+JACK

The one recommended is quite light with a handy carry handle, extremely quick and the two part handle is useful for tight spots. It's worth the extra imo depending on your individual budget.

When I was buying mine I read many reports of failures from various 'cheaper' makes such as Clark.  All the jacks I found all looked the same as these just in different colours or different branding.  I didn't want to take the chance which is why I went for SGS.

I'm happy with it and the best thing is I can fit it inside the lowest drawer of my Halfords tool chest.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I’m looking for a trolley jack to use with my Exige 430, I have side sills so wondering if this will have enough reach?