Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I picked a TVS1900 - Page 3 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I picked a TVS1900

7 minutes ago, trcm said:

What if anything can/needs to be done with the ECU maps for the new intake / supercharger? I'm vaguely suspicious when I hear talk of the stock ECU being able to compensate accordingly.

With respect to upgrade of manifolds

The TVS1900 is supplied with a new ECU code that is installed when the charger is fitted

SSC are developing a set of headers/manifolds to match the rest of the kit...........That's what I will be installing

Edited by Seriouslylotus

Ahha, is the ECU code upgradable / tunable by the customer?

What ECU code revision is it based on, for example a recent Lotus update came out with fixes for A/C compressor diags, will SSC provide frequent updates in line with Lotus updates?

2 hours ago, trcm said:

Ahha, is the ECU code upgradable / tunable by the customer?

What ECU code revision is it based on, for example a recent Lotus update came out with fixes for A/C compressor diags, will SSC provide frequent updates in line with Lotus updates?

Doubtful they will offer updates. Pretty sure they would update a new ECU code if sent to them though, they are certainly more than capable!!!!

The code in the ECU is sent to SSC for modification and is returned to be flashed to the ECU

I had mine updated to the very latest Lotus spec before sending to SCC

No not tuneable by customers. But when the SSC headers are available they will be supplied with a correct tune for the engine spec to get the best from them,  rather than the generic 'The ECU will adjust things'

10 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Doubtful they will offer updates. Pretty sure they would update a new ECU code if sent to them though, they are certainly more than capable!!!!

The code in the ECU is sent to SSC for modification and is returned to be flashed to the ECU

I had mine updated to the very latest Lotus spec before sending to SCC

No not tuneable by customers. But when the SSC headers are available they will be supplied with a correct tune for the engine spec to get the best from them,  rather than the generic 'The ECU will adjust things'

Updates are possible BUT.....

The tool we ship can update your existing software level if required but so far that hasnt been needed. If Lotus progress to the next software revision and make worth while changes to the overall claibration then in order to get the TVS1900 tune into the new software revision you would need to

1) Go to the dealer and have the software updated
2) Read the software using the tool supplied
3) Send us the file to modify and send back to you again > DISCLAIMER: In order for us to modify a file we need to have loaded it into a car here first and tested it and sometimes this can take time. Before you go updating any software version with the Lotus tool which will overwrite our file completely (No way to re-load old software once Lotus release an update) Please check with us that we have the file tried and tested.

And yes Dave is right in that the files cant be touched by the end user.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chumaxa said:

I know it does not mean anything, but any power figure after the instal yet ? 

Not had time to do that yet, but it's much quicker. At Donny I'm changing into 5th on the back straight about 300-400 yards earlier

Very very happy with the way it goes

Will get a power run as soon as I can

35 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Not had time to do that yet, but it's much quicker. At Donny I'm changing into 5th on the back straight about 300-400 yards earlier

Very very happy with the way it goes

Will get a power run as soon as I can

Interesting on the Donny comments... Im intrigued Dave if you wouldn't mind commenting (if you can remember) what are your shifts between McLean's and Coppice?

I find I need to change up to fourth coming out of McLeans otherwise im hitting the rev limiter, then I have to downshift to third just before turn into Coppice, otherwise car bogs down in fourth. Then im changing up to fourth as straighten out of Coppice. Are you in the same shift type pattern or different?

Shifting up between McLean and Coppice holds it in fourth for literally a few seconds but without fourth im massively hitting rev limiter and its not nice! Hence keen to get a view on if life is different with the SSC. Cheers

www.alias23.com

6 hours ago, alias23 said:

Interesting on the Donny comments... Im intrigued Dave if you wouldn't mind commenting (if you can remember) what are your shifts between McLean's and Coppice?

I find I need to change up to fourth coming out of McLeans otherwise im hitting the rev limiter, then I have to downshift to third just before turn into Coppice, otherwise car bogs down in fourth. Then im changing up to fourth as straighten out of Coppice. Are you in the same shift type pattern or different?

Shifting up between McLean and Coppice holds it in fourth for literally a few seconds but without fourth im massively hitting rev limiter and its not nice! Hence keen to get a view on if life is different with the SSC. Cheers

I short shift into 4th after Mcleans, down to 3rd for coppice, running it up to just before the limiter and into 4th.

With the SSC it makes little difference if you leave it in 4th as the additional torque makes up for the higher gear. To be fair I find with the standard car its better to short shift at about 6250-6500 RPM as the car revs but is past its best power after that. With the SSC it feels like it pulls strongly all the way to the limiter, Will check that once its been back on the dyno

28 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

With the SSC it makes little difference if you leave it in 4th as the additional torque makes up for the higher gear. 

So are you leaving it in 4th going into Coppice now with the SSC? I know a friend in KT460 is now able to do this with the extra torque.

www.alias23.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

I assume you won't be able to see anything out the rear window if you do?

I'm hearing it may not fit under the original V6S glass hatch, if installed in an Exige.  I guess we need to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

I'm hearing it may not fit under the original V6S glass hatch, if installed in an Exige.  I guess we need to wait and see.

I believe the same... they've been testing on their competition car for sometime with decent success. However requires the CupR or similar rear hatch I'm lead to believe. 

Its interesting as this shows a slight difference against the KT alternative which can remain with the OEM look.

www.alias23.com

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Nick said:

Who is releasing this and where can I find more details?

We have one of only a couple of kits that have been made at the moment. It's going ont an Exige so that we can finalise the BOM and start testing. Until we have confiremed the spec and design of the rest of the kit we wont have pricing but we should hopefully have this all sorted in about a month.

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 21:36, DJW said:

As I mentioned when we met Imran, I found the 350 retained  much less heat in the engine bay on track days vs the V6S with glass.   With all the talk of losing bhp from heatsoak on the Exige on track, I would have thought a louvered rear cover would be a must have for track addicts. 

Just my humble 2p .....

Im still waiting for one the after market companies to reproduce this part. Lotus prices are ridiculous. I think I read somewhere that someone was developing one but seems to have gone quiet.

1 hour ago, W31SSN said:

Eltech-Italia produce one, in either carbon or fibreglass. Was quite tempted by their carbon one after Lotus quoted £3,500 for the 380 Cup version.

Are you ref Eltech for the whole hatch or just replacement louves?

Theres a chap in Asia which is now producing the louves as a replacement part for the glass but the install sounds like an absolute ball ache... so much so you'd probably be best going for a full carbon hatch!

www.alias23.com

22 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Theres a chap in Asia which is now producing the louves as a replacement part for the glass but the install sounds like an absolute ball ache... so much so you'd probably be best going for a full carbon hatch!

Sorry, meant the entire hatch.

The Cup R/380 Cup style hatch was required for our last charge cooled TVS1900 becuase the charger sat above the charge cooler. The new kit doesnt require any modification to the boot lid and can be fitted under the glass or louvered 350 tailgate. 

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:32, alias23 said:

Do you have a link please?

it does look a bit of a faff in that its stuck in but I would remove tailgate and then work on the glass once your not leaning over the car in an awkward position.