Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New alloyster front hub mod - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New alloyster front hub mod

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1Finally picked up my new front alloy hubs from Lotusbits, They will now enable me to fit the S2 speedline alloy wheels to a Stevens chassis and suspension while maintaining the clean cut lines of the S2 body. :)

Lovely bit of kit, Just need to press the wheel studs in !  Great finish on these and the weight saving is unbelievable.  Do not know the exact weight as have only used the Mk1 hand to weight them lol.

But Mr Chapman would be very happy with them :yes:

20170624_180941.thumb.jpg.7d103e1ba8ee9eef1bff715b9f4503cb.jpg

Also on another car managed to get some spanner time in on the V8 S3, an oil leak had been annoying me for a while static it was dropping a fair bit of oil, after fearing the worst and thinking rear main or front crank oil seal,  I finally got round to clambering underneath to thankfully find it was the sump pan bolts had either worked a little loose or the custom gasket had shrunk a little over time, quick tighten and left overnight with card underneath and no more leak :) So really pleased .

Also managed to remove the rear glass which I am using on another project car, and fitted a turbo rear louvre to the V8.

But after trial fitting it, Due to the amount of mesh on the car already on the extra ears and custom rear valance I decided the vents in the louvre looked a bit out of place without mesh.  So off it came, mesh fitted and a repaint :yes:  Will be a shame to hide the V8 engine but it fits in with the rest of the mods will get some pics when I get the car outside it's dwelling :) Only then will I know if I am 100 percent happy with the look, easily reversed so no drama if I decide I am not happy with it.

20170624_181058.thumb.jpg.ba06fc49a20bfd670163469321f63637.jpg

20170624_181105.thumb.jpg.3f3c1fab0f7e4599a4515d2db5dc789b.jpg

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I didn't know you had a conversion Dan.

Do you have any video of it running?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hi 

Yes the V8 conversions been finished for about 9 or 10 years now lol.:)

Will try and get a video when I get a fresh mot as just a video of it running static is too load for the microphone on my phone lol :)

A