Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Elise owner looking for some help - Australia - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Elise owner looking for some help

MHinOZ

Hi all, Im a new Elise owner here in Melbourne having just purchased a 2004 111 and im looking for someone who may have some knowledge on the particular car I have purchased.

From what I have been able to understand the 111 I have purchased was brought into Australia for a race series that apparently did not eventuate, the cars were in a form of race spec and were either sold or placed into storage, with the the unit I have purchased and few others placed into storage. After a while they were brought out and made road legal and sold off.

Would anyone here abouts be able to help me understand this story a little better?

Im also hoping to understand what the actual specifications of this car would be? Im assuming it's a K series, but thats where my knowledge stops!

Thanks all

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have you tried the Aussie Elise's forum Mark, reckon you'll find your answer there. :-)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Thanks Simon, wasnt sure which forum to start with, and this one featured high on google so hence my post.

Not picking the car up until Saturday but will post some pics after then.

cheers.

• Like 1

Have fun collecting the car. I remember well picking mine up some 15 years ago. Great day.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

very interestingly i have just done a check of the compliance plate and searched the VIN and appears the car is actually an R model with the VVT-i engine!