Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where to find body spare items - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Where to find body spare items

Hallo,

I am an enthusiastic owner of 4 Lotus classic cars, kept constantly efficient and original. One of these is an Elite S1 '79 and it needs of the left exterior mirror but I can''t find it. Someone owns it and can sell it,to me  or could suggest where I can buy it?

You could try Lotusbits

http://www.lotusbits.com/elite_body.htm

Or search on Lotusexcel.net

You may find an alternate part (Lotus often used parts from other cars and the guys on Lotusexcel.net are a mine of information for that).

http://www.lotusexcel.net/phpbb/

Also take a look at the spreadsheet on this forum to see if it lists a source.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/77324-eliteeclatexcel-interchange-editable-spreadsheet-for-all/

Someone will be able to point you to a source.

Good luck.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Vito. :welcome:

Best of luck with finding your mirror. Hope you can get one.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hi @Vito Desimoni

Post a photo of the RHS mirror and I'll see what I've got tucked away to match it.

No promises but you never know?

Where abouts are you in Italy - coming to Sardinia on the 28th if any help?

Cheers

Ant

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

23 hours ago, Vito Desimoni said:

Hallo,

I am an enthusiastic owner of 4 Lotus classic cars, kept constantly efficient and original. One of these is an Elite S1 '79 and it needs of the left exterior mirror but I can''t find it. Someone owns it and can sell it,to me  or could suggest where I can buy it?

Listener?action=view&source_type=PSAccountAttachment&source_param=Zm9sZGVyPUlOQk9YLGF0dF9pZD0wLHBzX2lwPW1haWwzOWEuaW9sLmxvY2FsLGFjY291bnQ9RGVmYXVsdE1haWxBY2NvdW50LHVpZD0zNjEwLGQ9bGliZXJvLml0LHBjdD1kMTlkMjg1MmQzMTUwNzY3LHU9Z2luZXR0YS5hZG9ybmkscz0xNTAyNjM0NjM2OTAy&output_type=image&output_param=ZGltPTkweDkwHi oilmagnet477,

this is a photo of my Lotus Elite, Now I'm on holiday and I can't post a photo only of the  RHS mirror. I hope you can also see it from this picture. I live in Parma, and I'm far away from beautiful Sardinia. If you have got a left mirror that fits my car we will find a way to delivery it in Italy.

Cheers

Vito

@Vito Desimoni

I'm afraid I can't tell from the profile photo (I had already looked at that)

However, no problem, I'll await your return from Holiday and see if you can post a good close up. When you say LHS we need to ensure we understand each other - assuming your car is Left hand drive are you talking about the Drivers mirror?

All being well we can sort something out.

Good Luck and enjoy your holiday!

Cheers

Ant

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Hi Ant,

Thanks for the attention. I'll give you further information about my Lotus Elite.  It was built in 977, registered  in Italy in 1981; model 501, all the interiors  (not just the seats) trimmed in Connolly leather  ;

colour gray, driver seat on the left,      kilometers traveled 30.000,  original chassis not galvanized, not rusty,   chassis number 79/070226Ckept always in box,  perfect conditions,    equal to a new, no race.

At the end of this month I'll send you a photo of the exterior right  mirror ( I need of the Left one).

Enjoy your holiday, you too.

Cheers

Vito

• Like 1

On 13/8/2017 at 04:56, ramjet said:

Welcome to TLF Vito. :welcome:

Best of luck with finding your mirror. Hope you can get one.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :)

Thank you very much for your advice

Vito

On 12/8/2017 at 18:05, 100th_Idiot said:

You could try Lotusbits

http://www.lotusbits.com/elite_body.htm

Or search on Lotusexcel.net

You may find an alternate part (Lotus often used parts from other cars and the guys on Lotusexcel.net are a mine of information for that).

http://www.lotusexcel.net/phpbb/

Also take a look at the spreadsheet on this forum to see if it lists a source.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/77324-eliteeclatexcel-interchange-editable-spreadsheet-for-all/

Someone will be able to point you to a source.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the advice.  I'll keep you updated.

Have a good time

Vito 

Is this the electric one with the chrome base? The one that was shared with the Esprit and the Aston Martin V8? If it is, the rumour was that it was the same as a london taxi mirror from the mid 80's however i can confirm that it is not after buying one they are subtle different. i've not been able to find any other cars they were used on either.

remanufacture is an option with modern motors?  

On 15/8/2017 at 20:08, mikeeech said:

Is this the electric one with the chrome base? The one that was shared with the Esprit and the Aston Martin V8? If it is, the rumour was that it was the same as a london taxi mirror from the mid 80's however i can confirm that it is not after buying one they are subtle different. i've not been able to find any other cars they were used on either.

On 15/8/2017 at 20:08, mikeeech said:

Hi Mike Channel,

thanks for your attention. Unfortunally I don't know well the English language, so could you tell me in other words the meaning of "modern motors".

I confirm that the mirror is electric with the crome base, but I know that it is different from the one of Esprit. I look forward to your replay.

Cheers

Vito Desimoni

THere was a bit of a discussion on wing mirrors of the electric type here. I think they work by applying a magnetic field to one of the four corners. New motors which can be had very cheaply on ebay have two motors in and work by moving the mirror at 45 degrees to the horizontal or vertical such that the correct position can be found.