Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercharged V6 - anyone tried water injection? - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercharged V6 - anyone tried water injection?

Nick

@Alex B Thanks for sharing this experience. I hope I will be able to finally do my E85 conversion this year and do some pre SC injection. What I have learnt is that you have to live with the fact that the coating will go away. You can always refurbish the rotors later on and go for another type of coating.

• 10 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone has gone this route or has any additional info they want to add?

Also, earlier, a point was raised that just water injection wouldn’t have an effect on the stock ECU and that it would adapt to the colder, charged inlet temp. A follow up question was posed that since earlier cars don’t have a charge air temp sensor downstream of the MAF, how would the ECU recognize the cooler inlet temps? Anyone have any additional insight to this?