Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Buying advice/help - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Buying advice/help

DJV83

Hi, 

I'm going to be looking at a 2014 Exige V6 for sale with Howards Lotus. 

Is there anything in particular I should be checking? 

Also, a potential show stopper for the wife is being able to take the roof off so that she can enjoy it as a convertible. 

Howards advised that although the roof does come off Lotus do not recommend taking it off, any ideas why this may be? 

I obviously respect Howards for giving me the official line as they quite rightly have to protect themselves. 

Thanks in advance

Dave 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lotus make the Roadster where the roof comes off, but it's limited to 155mph so that if you have the soft top fitted, it's not aerodynamically removed from the car. Keep it under 155mph and you'll be fine :lol: There's probably a 1 in 1,000 chance of it coming off over that speed but it's the 21st century so they're covering themselves really.

If you have a read through these sections of the forums you'll see the problems people have, most suffer from some movement from the seats, it's hard to see if the aircon is turned on and various other niggles but once you're in it and give it beans, you'll soon forgive! 

Welcome and happy shopping. They're a lovely bunch at Howards, Jono is an ex Le Mans LMP2 driver too! 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Very easy to convert the Coupe to a Roadster, although a pain finding a second hand hood.  This car has the modification for soft top and for a few quid more you can get the soft top the owner originally had https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Exige-V6-U39/

stunning in red too. 

Happy hunting :)

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I guess you bought it !  The only risk you take is to have a squeaky roof when you fit it back .. Pay attention to the clutch, ask if it has been done before, and look for very heavy pedal, or extrem vibration when gear change, it does not mean clutch failure, but with the system they use some v6 clutch plate tend to wear quicly .. I had mine changed under warranty as other people, just for safety when it was free of charge .. 

On 14/10/2017 at 13:51, DJV83 said:

This is the car, put a deposit down and will be viewing/test driving this weekend. 

Anyone on here owned it previously? 

https://www.howardsgroup.co.uk/used-cars/lotus-exige-s-3-5-vvt-i-2dr-2-door-coupe-matt-black/gn64dke

Dave 

It used to be mine.

Clutch fix was done by B&C . Car drives faultless. You will enjoy it 

57 minutes ago, DJV83 said:

Won't show the Mrs that one?

Looks good!

Do you still have the plate? 

lol

Sold the plate, when do you collect it ? I moved to an F-Type, I loved the Exige but wasn't IN love with it after selling my VX220 

On 16/10/2017 at 20:15, DJV83 said:

Hi, 

No not yet! Going to view and test drive this Saturday so will keep you posted. Thanks for the tip on the clutch will be sure to ask! 

Dave 

Well I said that because since you posted the thread, the advert is offline ...