Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Just start project Lotus Eclat 1979 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Just start project Lotus Eclat 1979

Norbert

Hi 

I just start a restoration project of my lotus eclat 1979 year 2.0 L.

Have a problem with dashboard panel. In my car they are homemade metal one. 

I find few photos in internet they original wooden effect. 

Do u know any body hoe have full dashboard with buttons for sale?

If any boady have picture of orginal interior and dashboard please show me.

I start looking fro parts to replace standard service parts and i hard to find everything in one place. If u have any good shops will be handy.

http://www.angclassiccarparts.co.uk

IMG_20171102_125744.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess whatever is your favourite. Values of Elites and Eclats are not massively affected by interior options, unless you go for outrageous colour combinations.

:) 

It's getting there......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I bought timing belt yesterday and I find out is the same in it:IMG_20171115_182237.thumb.jpg.851d6e7f3ecc3b5adb586be1e815bb66.jpg

I looking to get engine , gearbox and differential oil any suggestion?

May engine was rebuilt 10 years ago , and was sitting in the shed most time, probably 20w50 will be the best what a bought gearbox oil .

I find them in owner manual by is hard to get them now.

IMG_20171116_174840.thumb.jpg.8240c1414f3c543d88588964535655b6.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a cloth and part vinyl (Biege and light brown) interior on my car with black vinyl dash and centre console (handbrake cover etc).

I'm keeping mine original as it is in decent enough nick and I want to try and maintain originality (mainly from my own personal feelings).

However, if it were knackered, there is a company on fleabay offering black leather trim covers to fit over existing frameworks which look really smart and I might be tempted by them if I was in that position.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREAM-STITCHING-DASH-DASHBOARD-REAL-LEATHER-COVER-FITS-LOTUS-ELITE-ECLAT-S1/391891617329?epid=2257193461&hash=item5b3e8f8631:g:JkEAAOSwf15Zwm3t

Hope that helps

Cheers

Ant

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Good luck Norbert,   Personally think black leather will look nicer on a bright yellow car imo  :thumbup:   As Ant says that ebay seller seems like a pretty good way to go for the interior,  you could also ask the seller if he can get hold of the same material for you to cover smaller items yourself also or a local trimmers.

Did these leave the factory with colour coded bumpers ?  Only ask as i thought they had all been black bumpers ?

A

• 3 weeks later...

I've always been fond of the Tartan plaid interiors that come on the Esprit. I'm not sure what type of tartan fabric would have a vintage look, but I know the topic has been discussed before.

It's not OEM to an Eiite/Eclat, but it would be period correct.

tartan.jpg