Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Taking my Elise S-Cup to the Nurburgring ! - Trackdays - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Taking my Elise S-Cup to the Nurburgring !

david_pittard

@Composite guru You've got to do it! A few guys from the 220/250 FB group have expressed interest in doing it next year which I'd like to arrange. Shall I include you when I sort it out? Maybe transport the cars over together, drive over seperatly, meet the cars and have an awesome weekend? :)

@Bibs It was a cold day, so think it took its time to warm the tyres up and I'm on Toyo T1Rs which aren't the highest performing tyres on track!

It definietly made a difference through some of the med to high speed kinks, the car remains so stable when you expect it to react in someway, however anything tighter than a kink and it wasn't too noticeable.

• Like 1

@Buddsy Thanks a lot! I do love the car! Pleasure to drive it, it will be even better once on proper tyres!

I think the car does have some appeal to "Get the **** out of my way on track" especially on the TF when there's a load of randoms on there, always useful for them to part like the sea! Apart from if you're a BMW driver...

@NW76 Thanks! :D I'm planning to go back again early next year ASAP to find out myself! This attempt was a fully dry track, however on a warmer day, with better tyres, and once I'm fully upto speed with the track I'd like to think that a 7:40 BTG ish would be doable!... thats the aim anyways!

• Like 1

@chipp I think that final part of the lap, carousel to mini carousel is just intense, there's literally no let up in corners and so I assume I was just tensing up focussing wondering what the final time would be, until braking mid air in the jump made the ABS go wild, so I had a moment and aborted the final part of the lap!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 16:24, The Pits said:

Top man DP. :thumbup:

Still have time for some driver coaching next year in between winning British GT races I hope?

15 minutes with DP around Castle Combe was worth 2 secs a lap. Straight up. How much would Komotec charge for a decrease in laptime like that?

Very kind of you sir! Always nice to put a quantifyable number against coaching gains!

Yes lots of time for coaching! I love it! Exciting time of year now as plans come together :D