Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
In Need For Adjustable Top Links Rear Wheel - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

In Need For Adjustable Top Links Rear Wheel

Hi guys

My SE has fixed toplinks on the rear wheels

to adjust the camber it would be easy to have adjustable top links

i believe they are standard on the GT3 car and the later S4s

can anybody help me or are they easy to rebuild ?

greets Rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rens,

Yes SE would require adj rear top links if you intend to have bigger rims on the rears in order to adjust camber and reduce inner tyre wear. Although i'm told that the front is just as 'difficult' to set correctly with big rims.

See here:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EM...WheelsonSE.html

I had these fitted at the same time as my upgrade to the brand new lotus suspension - although until i actually put on the S4s OZ futuras that are being refurbed the difference with standard OZ route rims is not noticeable!!!

I believe Marcus can rebuild/adapt your stock ones??

But if you keep standard route alloys don't bother changing top links.

Hope that helps?

Good luck,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Hi Rens,

Yes SE would require adj rear top links if you intend to have bigger rims on the rears in order to adjust camber and reduce inner tyre wear. Although i'm told that the front is just as 'difficult' to set correctly with big rims.

See here:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EM...WheelsonSE.html

I had these fitted at the same time as my upgrade to the brand new lotus suspension - although until i actually put on the S4s OZ futuras that are being refurbed the difference with standard OZ route rims is not noticeable!!!

I believe Marcus can rebuild/adapt your stock ones??

But if you keep standard route alloys don't bother changing top links.

Hope that helps?

Good luck,

Rog

I have 17 inch rims and my wheels wear off a bit on the inside

seeing the pics of vulcan grey it must be quite easy to manufacture them myself

i am going to give it a try

greets Rens

Ideally you want a reverse thread on one side so the thing can be cranked without undoing any bolts, the camber can then be set with the weight on the wheels.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I bought the LH & RH threaded adjuster bolts from a Lotus parts place.

The rest I machined and tapped, had to buy the taps...

I can email you a cad drawing if you like. It will give you all the part #'s and dimensions to make your own.

Email me at the address on my website below.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I just finished going through this myself. I have a 1990 SE and am fitting OZ Nova wheels. The price I got from Lotus was around $300 for the pair. The right and left hand threaded rod was only $8 from Lotus so I decided to build my own. Travis sent me his CAD drawing, I bought the taps and banged them out in about 2 hours using my old upper links. They look the part! I have pictures around here somewhere...

Good Luck!

-Graham

The original lotus ones are quite cheap.. May be worth getting a price before spending a load of time modifying your own ones which will probably be in a sorry state by now.

I just finished going through this myself. I have a 1990 SE and am fitting OZ Nova wheels. The price I got from Lotus was around $300 for the pair. The right and left hand threaded rod was only $8 from Lotus so I decided to build my own. Travis sent me his CAD drawing, I bought the taps and banged them out in about 2 hours using my old upper links. They look the part! I have pictures around here somewhere...

Good Luck!

-Graham

good post

i just ordered the 2 threaded rods. (3.45 pounds each)

new adjustable top links from lotus would be 250 pounds a set

so with the drawings from vulcan grey it's easy earned money

i have a guy here who can make allmost everything (for little money)

greets Rens

Great! Plus when you are finished you will have a part on that car (probably one of many :-P ) that you made :thumbsup:

good post

i just ordered the 2 threaded rods. (3.45 pounds each)

new adjustable top links from lotus would be 250 pounds a set

so with the drawings from vulcan grey it's easy earned money

i have a guy here who can make allmost everything (for little money)

greets Rens

• 7 years later...

Does anyone know the internal diameter of the tubes that the rear top links are made of. Have the adjusters but can't cut the links just to find out the required bush diameter.

Thanks

Wayne

Does anyone know the internal diameter of the tubes that the rear top links are made of. Have the adjusters but can't cut the links just to find out the required bush diameter.

Thanks

Wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

My drawing has 23.52mm I.D. for the tubes, but I do not remember if that is what I measured...  I have the dimension as a reference with a note to "cut and measure before turning the bushing".

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Can you cut yours again and let me know please Travis??? :-)

I'm pretty sure the bush that come with the adjuster is smaller than that, I will

Measure it later, thanks. Might be a case of cut and measure here too.

I will search a bit thanks Simon.

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.