Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oxford Meet - Q&a Session With The Esprit Guru's! - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oxford Meet - Q&a Session With The Esprit Guru's!

Bibs

Guys - We're having an hour on the Oxford meet to have a Q&A session with Brian and Geoff. I'm not sure they know yet but it would make for a very interesting hour if you think of some good questions.

This is a chance to ask things you never thought would be answered, ask the people who run the show what/why/when/how and to get technical questions about your car answered. It's not everyday you get the chance to listen to our friends with so much knowledge about our cars.

Questions below please. The best ones (!) will be selected and you'll find out what you want to know.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know what are there views on the current vogue for many manufacturers producing massive horse power cars with star ship enterprise computers to make them drivable and do they think that because of the green lobby bashing the car manufacturer we will see a reversion to light weight mid engined sports cars with sensible bhp?

Is Darwinism at play in the sports car world, will the fittest, leanest survive?

Cheers

Alex

Were Brian and Geoff there when Chapman was still around? I'd like to know what he was really like to work with - as eccentric as the reports suggest? Any good annecdotes?

You can now book your place for the meet!

See LEW's News Page:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/news.html

Please only reply to this thread with Questions for the day, there's another thread on the event for anything else.

See you all there!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

What modifications would Brian & Geoff suggest to make a G-car good for the occasional track day. I'm not asking how to make a racer...just things to help the car behave normally in the not-road-normal situation. EG: Change the clutch hose so that it still works when it gets hot; do something (what?) to the carbs to stop fuel starvation in higher G corners; slightly overfill oil level(?) or maybe do something else in the sump?; over-inflate the tyres if its not raining?; cooling?; brakes?; etc. Any tips much appreciated.

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I'd be interested to hear their views on the cars they've tested the Esprit against at Hethel. Did they ever get hands on with a 308 or NSX for example, how did they compare, did they strip competition cars to understand them better? What (if any) suprises did they come across!

I know we all love Esprits but if hypothetically they had to choose a non lotus sports car, what would it be and why?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

my question would be:

did they imagine at the time of development that there would be such an amazing and such a loyal following of enthusiasts for the mark that would become as passionate and enthusiastic as it is today, that would and does in turn spark such heated debates about the cars and their asthetics?

oh yeah, and did they grin from ear to ear on their first drive of an esprit?