Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rivnuts Vs Wellnuts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rivnuts Vs Wellnuts

Looking for advise. I’ve got some side skirts that need installing. The kit comes with Ali rivnuts to go into the side sills.

However just a bit worried that rivnuts could be too extreme for fibreglass and wellnuts would be better suited.

Any recommendations?

www.alias23.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Are these not good enough or other scrivet types?

They were used by Lotus to fix small splitters on vx220's and other Lotus built cars, and the good thing is, should you end up in the gravel etc they tend to shear before your bodywork. Whereas rivnuts could rip out causing damage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25x-Lotus-Elise-Front-Grill-Grille-Interior-Door-Trim-Plastic-Screws-A111W6534F-/170981591564

I've gone rivnuts as that seems to be the recommendation for the parts im installing. I used a proper tool and lightly pressed them so as not to crack the fibreglass. 

Problem with the scivets @MARTIN_S is the area im working on is already tight, I dont think it will take the length of the scrivet.

www.alias23.com

44 minutes ago, MARTIN_S said:

Hadnt realised that. Interested to see how yoi get on as I plan to be fitting the same skirts at some point.

Martin

I could be wrong but im told inside the sill its quite tight, hence why care is needed when making the drill holes as not to damage any of the oil pipes etc... A rivnut is arguably a 1/3 or 1/2 the size of a scrivet.

www.alias23.com