Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Big Wing V6 - Register - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Big Wing V6 - Register

alias23

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Hard to say on the road as you need to be going above a certain speed.  I think my wing is a little too low, so will be raising it a bit at some stage.  My plans for new mounts fell through unfortunately so I think I'll end up just doing spacers.

When I next do a trackday, I intend to bring the stock wing and do back to back laps and see how the times compare to see if it actually works.

Would be really interesting to see your feedback on that as I am keen, but only if there is a tangible difference. As you say, will be mainly noticeable on track 

• 2 months later...

I would doubt that just adding wing would add any downforce that was really discernible. Even the best Lotus aero, lets use the Evora 430 here, 'only' produces 250kg at a Vmax of 190 mph. So that is 'only' about 64kg during a track day 90 mph corner... less than having a few slabs of beer in the boot!

Of course, the Evora GT430 and others do have other aero aids to manage and increase downforce... Lotus say in the GT430 brochure that it makes 64kgs of downforce at 90mph. But even then it's not a lot of extra weight over the rear wheels to increase the grip.

But any downforce is better than rear 'lift'! The original Audi TT is a great example of that!

I do think however that the best benefit of wings is they look bloody cool! 😎 👍

100% makes a difference, did back to back laps at Spa in a friends stock 350 without wing vs. Mine with, and there is a big difference. (Same Nitron 3 way and ZZR tyres on both).

Where the rear starts to squirm (especially through Pouhon and Blanchimont) you can feel the rear squat and press the tyres into the road. 

• Like 1

I agree with Nathan above. My CupR wing of course is chassis mounted so any available downforce should be being utilised effectively, and it is noticeable though the faster corners compared to when I had the standard spoiler.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pete757 said:

I would doubt that just adding wing would add any downforce that was really discernible. Even the best Lotus aero, lets use the Evora 430 here, 'only' produces 250kg at a Vmax of 190 mph. So that is 'only' about 64kg during a track day 90 mph corner... less than having a few slabs of beer in the boot!

Of course, the Evora GT430 and others do have other aero aids to manage and increase downforce... Lotus say in the GT430 brochure that it makes 64kgs of downforce at 90mph. But even then it's not a lot of extra weight over the rear wheels to increase the grip.

But any downforce is better than rear 'lift'! The original Audi TT is a great example of that!

I do think however that the best benefit of wings is they look bloody cool! 😎 👍

I plan on doing a few laps at Silverstone with and without my big wing to see if there is any difference in lap time...

• 5 months later...

I'm thinking about a big wing and asked Eltech for a price for a straight wing with 380cup endings and mounting. They offer this wing for 1.450 euros, but this price is without VAT, endings and mountings (!)

so in the end it is more expensive than a street legal and tested Komotec wing 🤔

What's the size of all these wings???

Eltech? Cup380 ? Cup 430 ?

Komotech is presumably 1.350 cm ?

Eltech offered me a 1450x280 wing that's probably way to large for my taste.

I Iike the straight Cup380 wing with it's curved endings most: 

https://www.caricos.com/cars/l/lotus/2017_lotus_exige_cup_380/images/5.html

and only Eltech offers something similar. 

Edited by ArthouseCompany

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm now wainting since more than 9 weeks for my eltec wing. I made a deposite of about half the price on May 06.

First Eltech told me the wing is ready now and sent on Friday, 06. of July. That wasn't true, because I asked for a tracking number and Eltec send me a photo of a DHL sticker with a tracking number from 09. of July.

Since then,  one week now,  the DHL tracking website says the package is still in Milano/Italy. I phoned DHL today and they say they don't "physically" have the package, it isn't sent.

Eltech promissed me every day sending it and now they want the rest of the money.

So, is this common ? Did you all pay the full price before getting any product and would you do that in this case now ? Is it really a trusted company ? I'm not sure anymore.....

Edited by ArthouseCompany

It’s such a shame, your situation seems to be common. 

If matteo hired a secretary to handle shipping/admin etc it would be so beneficial.

i know so many ppl who want carbon but won’t buy because of this.

its a market where any firm doing good carbon at a sensible price, delivered relatively quickly with good communication could literally clean up.

I just paid the balance so hopefully it will find it's way from Milano to me now.  I thought I could pay the balance when the wing is finally here. And i have to mention that an English conversion between Germans and Italians can be misleading 😙

One of the reasons for the long waiting is that i've ordered the wing with the new curved endings like the 380cup wing. But to look more like the cup wing Eltech mounted the endings backwards for me and made some special stickers for the endings.