Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Obd Ii Fault Code + Other Possible Problems - ECU/OBDII - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Obd Ii Fault Code + Other Possible Problems

spoonito

Ok. So here's what's going on with my car. I was having problems with the Throttle and a couple other things... I got the throttle to open/close 100%, but the OBD II Reader is only showing 37-38% maximum.

After I started it up today (and it does this every so often) while warming up the exhaust sputters/burbles on the right side more than the left and even spits out water from the exhaust tips (usually just the right side). Seems like just water. It doesn't have a smell or oily feel to it.

The OBD II Reader also pulled an error code which was P0160. I have no clue what it means. While driving at a constant speed and rpm, I noticed that the o2 voltage readings were a bit erratic jumping all over the place.

I know this is alot of info and it can probably be 10 different things, but if I can narrow it down to just a couple it would be much easier.

More background - My car has always felt kind of sluggish, but I thought it was just turbo lag (I made the move from a 2003 M3). It's felt this way since I bought it in October last year. It did not pull any codes until today. This is my first Esprit (2001) and I've only had a chance to test drive 1 other Esprit (2004) for about 10 minutes. The '04 felt alot faster. I thought that it was just because the 04 model a different ecu program from the factory, but of course I can be wrong.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it very much.

Brian

Also, how can you tell if the car is in "limp" mode. Thanks...

Edited by spoonito

Garage:

2001 Lotus Esprit V8

2003 Kawasaki ZX6RR

1994 Toyota 4Runner

Wish list:

MV Agusta F4-1000 Tamburini

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P0160 is the rear O2 sensor (after cat), Bank 2. It also seems like your throttle position sensor is not working and that will affect performance since the ECU wont switch to the WOT fuel/timing map.

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify, that is the right hand side rear o2 sensor? Also where is the best place to source the o2 and throttle position sensors....

Thanks.

Garage:

2001 Lotus Esprit V8

2003 Kawasaki ZX6RR

1994 Toyota 4Runner

Wish list:

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify, that is the right hand side rear o2 sensor? Also where is the best place to source the o2 and throttle position sensors....

Thanks.

I think Bank 2 is LH side as viewed from the rear of the car. I'm not sure about the TPS.

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

I understand a little water, but it just seemed like it was an excessive amount. BTW does anyone know a source to get the TPS and some o2 sensors?

Hi;

My car does the same when starting. Exhaust burbles/sputters a little bit and a few drops of water come out of the left exhaust tip.

Garage:

2001 Lotus Esprit V8

2003 Kawasaki ZX6RR

1994 Toyota 4Runner

Wish list:

• 8 years later...

sorry to resurrect an old topic...I have a P0160 (no activity from sensor) and a P0161 (heater circuit malfunction) code-would appreciate help with the following

1 which is Bank 2 sensor two? Assume I'm standing behind car looking forwards please...

2 Is there any way to test if the sensor is working properly with a voltmeter/ohmmeter on or off the car?

3 what do I need to know to buy cheap replacement sensors off of eBay? (assuming Lotus ones are made of unobtanium..)

thanks!

Just found-

FROM REAR OF CAR

Bank 1=RHS (Cylinders 1,2,3,4) (Numbered from FRONT of car to back).

Bank 2=LHS (cylinders 5,6,7,8) (Numbered from FRONT of car to back).

So if someone can suggest best place to buy one sensor I'd be grateful!

thanks

s