Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Yet another resto - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Yet another resto

Hi.:stuart: Below is the first picture of my project s1 76 eclat. It was purchased about 3 years ago already stripped  with just windscreen (allegedly!)  Missing .  f/forward 3 years iv found a suitable space for a workshop and started moving my giant jigsaw into its new home

20180417_204108.jpg

• Like 1

Crikey. 

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will find it as informative and inspirational as I have. There are some good hints and tips on here to be searched through.

We need more photos... Remember to post pictures and lots of updates on progress. It is inspirational to read other people's progress especially when you get into the dark depths of the job with no end in sight.

Iastly is that an excel spoiler on the back of it? Best of luck with the work, I for one will be very interested in progress

• Like 1

Hi mikeeec ,thanks for the welcome ,yeah forum looks to be a wealth of information and inspiration.  Not sure about the spoiler and if ill keep it? One of my biggest problems will be as i bought it stripped  it will make it harder on reassembly,and getting time to actually work on it. Will update with pics when i can

Welcome!

Another Duncan, presumably aged 42 with a yellow eclat? That won't cause any confusion on here at all!

nice to have you onboard! As Mike says - we need more pics!

Dunc

Hi Duncan - welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure how those seats are going to fit in your Éclat - they don't look original to me :P

On a personal note - I hope you are slow with your project. I've already struggled to keep pace with @mikeeech doing  my Elite project. I can't stand the added pressure of someone beating me on the Éclat front as well! :blush:

Good luck and keep the photos coming

Ant

ps run the registration number passed @Dunc to see if it is already on the register

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

It's not on the register.

But that registration number seems familiar to me.

I have a feeling this is the car that started it all for me. I didn't buy it, but came so close to doing so when it was in Edinburgh in the mid 90's.

520 4 speed 1976/7, yellow on a replacement non-galvanised chassis and wolfrace wheels?

• 4 weeks later...

Havnt had a lot of time lately to do much,have managed to kit the workshop out a bit better and make a plan of where to start after aquiring a factory manua .thinking of putting her up for sale as i cannot see me having enough time the remainder of the year.

Don't sell it... I brought mine in 2013 and still have not driven it! Or any elite for that matter... I might hate it😰 

These things are long term projects, time snatched on them at weekends and other times. Dig in. Moe need saving

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What Mike says with KNOBS on!

I have never driven my or any other Elite or Éclat but am very much anticipating the prospect. Yes, I might be disappointed (especially if I haven't rebuilt it correctly!) but if it was good enough to be Colin Chapman's daily cruiser of choice, it can't be all bad!

Good luck

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Totally agree with the above. I bought mine in 2010 and it still isn't on the road yet. 

I'm so excited about getting to drive mine (hopefully in the next 6 weeks) but it may be an anticlimax! We'll see. 

Keep it.

• 3 weeks later...

Small update, still not had much time to go near her and when i do ,jobs i can do are limited as i still havent had time to move the chassis/mechanicals to new workshop. So a spare hour the other day saw me trial fitting interior seats trim etc and exterior chrome work. Mainly to see what was actually missing due to not being me dismantling the car. All that seems to be missing is the carpet,and headlining,all other parts seem to be present and in good order,apart from a now broken headlight,ooopsie! Pic below

20180530_171630.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Good choice of car. Never give up on them even when people think your crazy. Just look at my drive. And that's only 3 of them.

ARF2.jpg

Blue 1.jpg

Nice collection john. Free time is my biggest problem at the moment. Local vintage show today thers usualy 1 s2 turns up so hoping to get a good rake about it see how some bits go together

Dunc,they are compomotive. Suppose they would look ok cleaned up tom ,just not keen on the. The worst is 4 brand new tyres fitted then hasnt turned a wheel under its own power since but they are perished with age.