Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wedding Day - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wedding Day

jon.hand

Hi guys

Wedding day is nearly there (5th May) and oh yes I'm doing it in style - the wedding car is my 1997 norfolf mustard GT3 esprit.

I'm having the ceremony at Basildon Park (National Trust) should be arriving about 10.00am.

Then should be leaving there about 12.30 ish to head on over to Donnington Valley(Newbury), for the afternoon wedding breakfast/party later.

If anyone is out and about at those times....give us a toot!

All the best

GT3-jonny

Edited by GT3 jonny

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

Wedding day is nearly there (5th May) and oh yes I'm doing it in style - the wedding car is my 1997 norfolf mustard GT3 esprit.

I'm having the ceremony at Basildon Park (National Trust) should be arriving about 10.00am.

Then should be leaving there about 12.30 ish to head on over to Donnington Valley(Newbury), for the afternoon wedding breakfast/party later.

If anyone is out and about at those times....give us a toot!

All the best

GT3-jonny

Good luck for your day Jon !

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Free drinks for everyone passing by in an Esprit :band: ?

Congratulations Jon ! Take care of your ladies (your wife and your Esprit) !

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Congratulations! I also used my Esprit as a wedding car.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Congrats John. Well done and good luck with the wedding night....my Mrs fell asleep before we got up to anything! :band:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Congratulations! I also used my Esprit as a wedding car.

Nice one, could you email me a picture of your wedding car on the day, so I can get a feel for what mine will look like?

Cheers

GT3-jonny (Jon)

Sorry Jon mine wasn't decorated, we figured as it was white it was good to go!

Nice one, could you email me a picture of your wedding car on the day, so I can get a feel for what mine will look like?

Cheers

GT3-jonny (Jon)

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I'm doing the same in Bristol on 2nd June! I have the ribbon for the front & hopefully if the weather is nice the sun roof will be out so i can still wear my top hat & Mary will let her vail fly... thats of course if shes wearing one as i have no idea about her dress at all!

Good luck with it Jonny & I look forward to comparing pics!

Congratulations to you both. :X Have a brilliant day

regards

cliff

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Congratulations Jonny! :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Congratulations - Hope you have a great day!

I am not allowed mine as a wedding car as it wasn't practical enough to get in/out of :D but I am planning on having it ready at the reception for the photos! "Thats enough of the old wedding car - lets take some with the Lotus!" :D

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

There seems to be some sort of patern emerging here, all the Esprit are painted Norfolk Mustard belonging to the happy couples !. Hope you all have a great day and some good weather as well.

Martyn :D

Many thanks for all replies.

But on a positive note, I have told the hotel, it's free entry & free parking for anyone that turns up in an esprit (free for guests as well of course) (they said - ok)

Seriously though, if you have an esprit & you fancy a bit of a do, come on down, make a weekend of it (you and your lass) it's a 4* hotel, everything available

Mail me, if you want to come, I have a special discount on the room/rate (if you want to stay) evening do is free.

Venue is Donnington Valley (newbury) http://www.donningtonvalley.co.uk/

All the best

GT3-jonny

Wayne/Cliff (from the southsea run) you are more than welcome

Rog - see you there

Wayne/Cliff (from the southsea run) you are more than welcome

Jonny many thanks for the invite. Love to but already committed, so sorry can't. I am sure you will both have a great day. Weather and venue look terrific. Wishing you both every happiness.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Best Wishes to you and your Bride Jon! Wish I could be there, but unlike 007, my Esprit is not properly equipped to do the underwater voyage across the mighty 'pond' as it be.

Post pictures after your honeymoon. We'd love to see both of the 'Ladies'.

Have a great time! :thumbsup:

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Go easy on the man. He's wearing a ball and chain now. He'll be far too busy putting up shelves and doing jobs around the house to think of us. :coffee:

Hope the big day went well, and the honeymoon was really special Jon.

More speed, less haste

Be fair to the guy...he is on honeymoon.

Samantha and I both attended the wedding reception - lovely hotel and 2 very nice Esprits outside (mine and his).

Hope you are having a good time mate and thanks for the invite...wish we'd booked a room!!!!

Rog and Sam

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Hi Everyone

Wedding & honeymoon, was one of the best times of my life.

I've added a web site address to access some of my wedding photos.

I'm just getting the hang of this photo sharing thing, so bare with me, I'll upload some more tomorrow.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts/messages

GT3-jonny (jon)

http://photos.yahoo.com/jon.hand1@btinternet.com

Congratulations & wel done both of you!

Now how & what did you attach the ribbon to? I was thinking of a hook thing maybe behind the number plate then in through the sun roof & tie somewhere, is that what you did?

I put a small tie rap through the grill under the number plate, threaded the ribbon through, then opened the sun roof & tied them to the sun visors.

It seemed to work well

All the best GT3-jonny

• 4 weeks later...