Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 19 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

• Gold FFM

Actually I do believe Lotus beat Porsche to that particular name?

There was a 993 "GT2" but at the time it was only called the GT I believe. The first car to wear the GT3 badge was a 996, around 1999 I believe.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

8 hours ago, JayEmm said:

A lady in a petrol station in Leeds asked me what it was, then said "I win the lottery, I'd get myself one of them. It's a lovely colour that" Quite shocked me really, I've never had a lottery comment on ANY car I've been in or driven. 

I get people in petrol stations all over the place asking me about Dexter *all the time*. Usually the guys though...

8 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Notably a lot of women seem to pay attention to it, more than I would normally expect.

See this is something I've not seen at all - in fact quite the opposite, I notice young ladies, 30-something women, middle aged women, oldies, not a single woman has *ever* looked at Dexter I don't think. But hey I can't say I'm gutted he's not attracing the ladies ;) I am however miffed that the lads he attracts are usually only about 10. Where are all the hot 18 year old chavs, sheesh; if I'd have known that Lotus cars were invisible to them I'd have bought a poxy Nissan GTR instead.

• Like 1

Maybe the Matt black turns off the ladies - too dark and threatening, unlike the daffodil yellow that is all sweetness....

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Maybe the Matt black turns off the ladies - too dark and threatening, unlike the daffodil yellow that is all sweetness....

Oh yes, that's very true. Hadn't thought of that. A good reason to make sure my Lotus 500 is matt black too in a few years.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, snoboardr said:

Speaking of which, how come you're gold. Harumph.

What happens in @Bibs cupboard, stays in Bibs' cupboard

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)

1 hour ago, snoboardr said:

Oh yes, that's very true. Hadn't thought of that. A good reason to make sure my Lotus 500 is matt black too in a few years.

Rom my experience the women in my life always seem to go for shiny sparkly things, :wub:

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Err. That's because they're women and in return they let you throw money at your car. Seems fair to me.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That would be true, if it were not for my wife's uncanny ability to spec a MINI up to Evora prices :cry:

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I like my wife to see what I've spent on my little red mistress. Mind games....

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, snoboardr said:

You could staple receipts to her new expensive dresses.

PMSL.  In my case it would be the horse tack, but somewhere along the same lines...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Danelaw said:

Let it go James - you're over that now!

Triumph beat them to GT6 by quite a few years - I wonder who owns the rights to that badge now.

BMW unfortunately, and they have no intention of reviving the Triumph name despite rumours over the past few years and having registered the name as an European trademark. At times I miss mine, even though it stank of pyrolysing oil! It now lives in the USA.

GT6#2.JPG

• Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

1 hour ago, DaveC72 said:

PMSL.  In my case it would be the horse tack, but somewhere along the same lines...

My dad always told me to stay away from the horsey set. The teeth scared him and he thought there was something odd about a women who liked to shovel shit (sorry manure) every day. 

Plus. Horses are so much more expensive than Loti. I mean, at least with a Loti you don't need to call out a vet - ouch, my wallet ran away just at the mention of horses and vet....

The small print.

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, Colin G said:

So James, after all your procrastination, happy you've made the right choice?

Very much so, Colin. It's easy to see a car and go "wow, I want that one" - which was definitely the case with the 400. Sometimes these things look less rosy when you shop around, weigh up the alternatives, but with the Lotus it was clear by a country mile it was the best car for me. Also, I have a genetic weakness for yellow cars.

James Martin (JayEmm)

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Plus. Horses are so much more expensive than Loti. I mean, at least with a Loti you don't need to call out a vet - ouch, my wallet ran away just at the mention of horses and vet....

I just spent £800 on one of my cats! Thankfully I'll get a lot of that back from the insurance company! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Bibs,

don't ask what I spend on my dog the last 12 months... she had 3 surgeries ... and I didn't have insurance...  the maintenance cost of owning a Lotus is definitely cheaper...

Cheers

Norbert

• Gold FFM

I've actually had several people tell me a horse is much more expensive to run than a car. I guess the thing with a car is if it needs something doing but you don't have the money, if you have another car you can leave it until you do. Can't really get away with that with animals.

James Martin (JayEmm)