Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1975 Lotus Elite renovation - Page 4 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1975 Lotus Elite renovation

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the radio Silence! The car has Stalled some what. I bought a couple of Mini Mk1's and have just finished a complete restoration of the 1962 one. I am thinking of selling, would anyone be interested!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Y

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Looking at the standard of your restoration skills it'll be sad that the Elite won't get the same love and attention.  :)

It's getting there......

Thanks, as you know the amount of time and money it takes to just restore the Mini is ridiculous! The lotus unfortunately isn't something I have the time for now. I have spend far too much time in the garage than I should have and it it time to sell to someone who has.

• 6 months later...

Here a chassis you can see many of the bolt holes. Sorry now I’ve put phone up you can’t see holes, but there is fixing points in the towers off rear shocks mounts (orange rope ) rear. Two in boot floor in deep pockets that are near spare wheel mounting pivot. Down side near seat belt mount in the tunnel 2 each side . Some on front suspension towers on inside you can just see studs sticking out

84D22D3C-E1BF-4020-84EA-76B8EECF78C8.jpeg

Edited by Doris the dog

Tony 

I made it 16:

2 - front sway bar mounts
2 - bolts on front shock towers
2 - seat belt mounts
4 - interior floor bolts
2 - weird hidden bolts from the inside of the frame to the body (not through bolts)??
2 - rear shock tower bolts
2 - rear suspension mounts through boot floorb

17 minutes ago, steve clack said:

Could you tell more about the two weird hidden bolts in more detail and how you can get to them!

2 x M10 bolts that go into threaded bobbins in the body towards the rear of the central rectangular part of the chassis  - easy to see once you're under the car.  Not all cars have these fitted however!  Number 5 in Tom's diagram.

Pete

• Thanks 1