Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1st July Breakfast Meet @ The Anglers Inn, Guildtown, PH2 6BS - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1st July Breakfast Meet @ The Anglers Inn, Guildtown, PH2 6BS

As recommended by @Andrew C and others, our July venue will be The Anglers Inn, Guildtown, PH2 6BS (http://www.theanglersinn.co.uk/) Located a few miles North of Perth, the Inn sits on the A93, the main route North towards Blairgowrie, Glenshee etc. and will be a good take off point for an afternoon tootling around our favourite roads up in the hills.

I understand that the owner Phil is something of a car enthusiast and is looking forward to our visit and a good turnout. The usual arrangements apply - arrive around 10.00, park round the back (mind the high kerbs on the way in) have a bit of a conflab and sit down for breakfast (full cooked, rolls etc) at 10.30. Nearer the time we can post up a suitable meeting point (probably bottom end of M90 somewhere) and we'll attempt a convoy and coordinated arrival.

If @bingoking could do a mail out to the LEGS list I'd be very grateful. As usual we need to give our host a rough guide on numbers, so please add your name below. Cheers.

1&2: Mark plus 1

22 hours ago, hedgerley said:

As recommended by @Andrew C and others, our July venue will be The Anglers Inn, Guildtown, PH2 6BS (http://www.theanglersinn.co.uk/) Located a few miles North of Perth, the Inn sits on the A93, the main route North towards Blairgowrie, Glenshee etc. and will be a good take off point for an afternoon tootling around our favourite roads up in the hills.

I understand that the owner Phil is something of a car enthusiast and is looking forward to our visit and a good turnout. The usual arrangements apply - arrive around 10.00, park round the back (mind the high kerbs on the way in) have a bit of a conflab and sit down for breakfast (full cooked, rolls etc) at 10.30. Nearer the time we can post up a suitable meeting point (probably bottom end of M90 somewhere) and we'll attempt a convoy and coordinated arrival.

If @bingoking could do a mail out to the LEGS list I'd be very grateful. As usual we need to give our host a rough guide on numbers, so please add your name below. Cheers.

3 & 4 Johnny and Audrey

On 14/06/2018 at 16:27, Ian Corse said:

1 & 2 Mark plus 1

3 & 4 Johnny and Audrey

5 & 6 Sharron and Dave

7 & 8 Andrew and Alister

9 Stephen

10 Jim S

11 Ian C

12 & 13 Alan & Gwen

1 & 2 Mark plus 1

3 & 4 Johnny and Audrey

5 & 6 Sharron and Dave

7 & 8 Andrew and Alister

9 Stephen

10 Jim S

11 Ian C

12 & 13 Alan & Gwen

14 Duggie

1 & 2 Mark plus 1

3 & 4 Johnny and Audrey

5 & 6 Sharron and Dave

7 & 8 Andrew and Alister

9 Stephen

10 Jim S

11 Ian C

12 & 13 Alan & Gwen

14 Duggie

15. Richard

16+17 Del and Shirley

• Gold FFM

I'm going to be a 'maybe' right up to the last minute I'm afraid as I'm on standby to work a nightshift on the Saturday, :cry: .

Just a heads up that the Scottish Game fair is on at Scone 29/30 & 1st and the traffic can be very busy, also possible diversions, those coming from the south through Perth might have an interesting time !! Might be better taking the Coupar Angus road and cutting back cross country from Balbeggie through St Martins or further out and through Wolfhill. Camera vans most likely to be out as well.

Cheers

As I live just 5 miles ish away I'll be at this one and looking forward to catch up with everyone. Think it will be only the first one I have been able to attend this year 🤤

Note that the road from Blairgowrie to Glenshee has had that bloody awful tar spray and loose stone top dressing.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Looks like this will be a good turnout, thanks everyone. Hopefully the weather holds and we can enjoy the drive. As pointed out by Ian, Scone Palace is hosting the Scottish Game Fair this weekend so the roads in that particular vicinity are likely to be chokka. So, for those of us heading up from the South and wanting to do it in convoy (always good to arrive en masse, scare the locals 😆), I suggest we follow Ian's recommendation and come at Guildtown sideways so to speak.

I therefore suggest we gather in front of @bingoking works gaff (if he hadn't retired), Carlton Bingo on the Fife Leisure Park, just off the M90 Junction 3. Please aim to be there in good time for a prompt departure at 09.00, bypassing Perth on the M90 and then turning left, as per the following route. It should take around an hour leaving time for a conflab in the car park and breakfast at 10.30.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Carlton+Bingo,+Whimbrel+Place,+Dunfermline/Rait/Balbeggie,+Perth/St+Martins,+Perth/Guildtown,+Perth+PH2+6BZ/

We do need to give our hosts a good idea on numbers so if there is anyone else out there thinking of coming, lease add your name to the list asap.

1 & 2 Mark plus 1

3 & 4 Johnny and Audrey

5 & 6 Sharron and Dave

7 & 8 Andrew and Alister

9 Stephen

10 Jim S

11 Ian C

12 &13 Alan & Gwen

14 Duggie

15. Richard

16 &17 Del and Shirley

18 Andy

17 hours ago, M400kay said:

1 & 2 Mark plus 1

3 & 4 Johnny and Audrey

5 & 6 Sharron and Dave

7 & 8 Andrew and Alister

9 Stephen

10 Jim S

11 Ian C

12 &13 Alan & Gwen

14 Duggie

15. Richard

16 &17 Del and Shirley

18 Andy

19 & 20 Mark and SJ

21. Alan H 

1 & 2 Mark plus 1

3 & 4 Johnny and Audrey

5 & 6 Sharron and Dave

7 & 8 Andrew and Alister

9 Stephen

10 Jim S

11 Ian C

12 &13 Alan & Gwen

14 Duggie

15. Richard

16 &17 Del and Shirley

18 Andy

19 & 20 Mark and SJ

21 Alan

22 Ian 

I'll meet you guys at the bingo, its only 5 mins from my house and I can blame someone else if we get lost along the way! 

• Gold FFM

I'm afraid I'll be with you in spirit but not in body - just finished a 13 hour shift and out on another at 6 tonight so it's bedtime for me now.

Hopefully make the next one  but I'll catch up with some of you at Glamis next weekend.

Yup. Really good to get out on my first LEGS run this year. And what weather. Scotland and the scenery on tge trip is just amazing on days like that. Not sure what happened re the group split as we seemed to be all together at Dunkeld.

The drive up over to Amulree then down to Crieff was stunning.

Many thanks for organising. A wee bit of toast with the breakfast would have been good.

I took a slight detour on way home and over did it a bit. Had 30 minutes to pack a bag and leave the house to get to the airport. 

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!