Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3Eleven Motec Dash Issue - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3Eleven Motec Dash Issue

Seriouslylotus

• Does anyone have the following with there 3Eleven Motec Dash please? Is there a fix?

Got my 3Eleven back on Saturday having had  the running in service completed. Starting to explore the dynaics of the car a bit more now, Wow!!!!! Not really usable on the road if you like to keep a driving licence!!

Up until Saturday i had not run the fuel down until the low fuel light comes on, I did on Saturday.

In the dash there is a fuel range calculation and it seems to work very very well (I know its only a guide) However just before the light comes on it was showing about 60 miles remaining (About perfect) But when the fuel light comes on the range remaining changed to 636 miles remaining (Not remotely possible even with two full tanks!!

Has any 3Eleven owner come across this before ? Is there an update for either the Engine ECU or the Dash?

If the calculation are in the dash, it is fully configurable by the end user and could therefore be 'adjusted' here.

Just don't want to start fiddling until I find out if this is a known issue of something weird on my car
    I have also asked both Hofmanns and Lotus the same questions.....
Edited by Seriouslylotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Who did you ask at the factory? I know one of the calibration engineers and can ask but no point if you're already in touch. 

Thanks Bibs

For now I've gone via after sales as they have always come good in the past.

Didn't want to bypass them as I may need to have the solution installed by a dealer if you know what I mean!!!

• 11 months later...

Curious if there was an update available for the dash.

17% appears to mean completely empty on mine. I actually ran out of fuel while pulling into a gas station - an old guy helped me push it in to the pumps and everything. Quite comical. Not sure if that counts as lucky, or unlucky.