Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast 5th August @ Corgarff, Strathdon - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast 5th August @ Corgarff, Strathdon

After some discussion about who was doing what and where, it falls to me to organise the run again. As we have for the last two years we will be enjoying a run out to the Goodbrand and Ross Tearooms, Corgarff, Strathdon. This was a popular event two years ago - as per the photo - and we spent several hours on some of our favourite roads. I don't have a photo from last years run as only 3 of us turned up, so I hope we can get the numbers up again, despite the holiday season being upon us.

The Tea Rooms and Gift Shop is an excellent stop along the Old Military Road on the run between Glenshee and the Lecht and once again Terry and her team are happy to accommodate us, including full breakfasts if required (highly recommended).

There's good parking and its a nice spot to admire the view. There's a gift shop for those inclined to do some early Christmas shopping. As usual, we need to give them an idea of numbers and an indication of how many might want a full cooked breakfast so they can get some extra black pudding and mushrooms in, so if you could add that to your name(s) that would be helpful.

For us Southerners I propose meeting up at @bingoking gaff again - Carlton Bingo, Fife Leisure Park - but it will be an early start from there, 08.00. Set your alarm clocks.

Strathdon.thumb.jpg.e0d8636917bdd066ea512fa6f3b0ad62.jpg

1 & 2 Mark plus 1 (Fullx2)

3 & 4 Brian & Jackie (Full x2)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Message received from Anthony Yule

Sunday 5th August is also the ‘Ballater Victoria Week’ car Parade which kicks off around 11am at the Monaltrie Park in Ballater. For any that are interested in viewing some interesting vehicles of all ages then you aren’t very far away from Ballater once you get to the cafe at Goodbrand and Ross 👍

3 hours ago, twinrotor2 said:

5 Jim S (Full )

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full 

Edited by mikec2126

• 2 weeks later...

1 & 2 Mark plus 1 (Fullx2)

3 & 4 Brian & Jackie (Full x2)

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full) 

7 & 8 MarkT and SJ (Fullx2)

9 & 10 Andrew and Alister (Full x 2)

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full) 

11 & 12 David and Maryann (Full x2)

On 30/07/2018 at 21:42, Johnny5 said:

Hi 

We are away with the motorhome this weekend so unfortunately we can't make it.

No problem. Good to know you are having fun with the Motorhome. What a pity Lotus don’t do Motorhomes, we would have the best of both worlds. 😄

On 31/07/2018 at 12:41, Scotsdave said:

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full) 

13 C8RKH - bacon rolls

- will pickup the convoy north in Guildtown unless I decide to get up earlier for a blast south through Fife to the bingo point!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full) 

13 C8RKH - bacon rolls

14 & 15 - Tony and TBC - just a quick drop in for a cup of coffee before heading back to Ballater for their annual vehicle parade. No need for breakfast :) 

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full) 

13 C8RKH - bacon rolls

14 & 15 - Tony and TBC - just a quick drop in for a cup of coffee before heading back to Ballater for their annual vehicle parade. No need for breakfast

16 & 17 Sharon and Dave (Full x 2)

Update on the breakfast .. my son is coming along

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full x2) 

13 C8RKH - bacon rolls

14 & 15 - Tony and TBC - just a quick drop in for a cup of coffee before heading back to Ballater for their annual vehicle parade. No need for breakfast

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full x2) 

13 C8RKH - bacon rolls

18 Ian C (Full)

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full x2) 

13 C8RKH - bacon rolls

18 Ian C (Full)

19 John (Full) - Sorry for the late notice, meet you at the Bingo.

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Sorry, I'll have to pass, left rear tyre gave up on way home tonight, 2 miles from the house. The rears were due for a change anyway but still, could have lasted the weekend at least. Enjoy the run out.

5 Jim S (Full )

6 Mike C (Full x2) 

13 C8RKH - bacon rolls

18 John (Full) - Sorry for the late notice, meet you at the Bingo.

Sorry, I am not going to make it today.

On Friday I got a mosquito bite on my temple while walking round Loch Leven and it has swollen up badly and affected my eye lid. It got worse overnight and I'm concerned that it will swell up further today and close my eye and I don't want to be driving the Esprit with one eye.

Have a great day.

A great turnout and a wonderful drive up (or down) to Strathdon. And a damn fine breakfast I think you'd agree (extra toast laid on for @C8RKH after his feedback from last month's run 😉)

Thanks to everyone for making the early start. And I hope the eye heals fast @bingoking.

Looks like it was a great day.

My eye didn't completely close yesterday and the swelling is still there and subsiding slowly.

I did manage to take the Esprit out for a short run later in the day yesterday which was good as It hadn't turned a wheel for 4 months.

I see the McLEGS (McLaren Enthusiasts Group Scotland) branch of the LEGS forum was there yesterday. 😉

Great day for it and we even managed to gently rib Andrew re his McLaren which did look superb in the rear view mirror  🤣:happydance:  A great car and that worthy enough to share garage space with his Esprit.

However, one woman obviously though the Macca needed the Lotus touch so as we revved out and reversed she seemed determine to add "lightness" to it by taking off the rear wing and rear valances with ther door mirror.  The amount of screaming from us averted it by inches at most!

@hedgerley the toast was indeed very good. No need for any extra though, it was just nice to have some as the previous place had none for anyone!

I really enjoyed the blast around and reminds you just what nice folk Lotus owners are.

I felt for the guy and his wife who stopped at the top of the Cairn O'Mount for a chat. He asked nicely to take pictures of our wonderful cars and asked some enthusiastic questions, yet we totally blanked his new Porsche. I think it was because it was grey and just blended in with the tarmac and the sky.  Porsche. What Porsche.....!

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!