Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brake: Pressure Differential Warning Actuator - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brake: Pressure Differential Warning Actuator

1846715537_Screenshot_2018-07-31PartsManuals.png.5b80e103de2b9058eab05dc586c12de3.png

Number 19 Pressure Differential Warning Actuator .

Hi guys, need some advice

I believe it is designed to shut down a circuit if it detects a pressure drop.   I am dubious about the one I have, don't know if it's worth keeping or even if it's servicable, I'm guessing these are rarer than the teeth of a Hen.  First question is, Is it needed?  If not what would/could it be replaced with?

N.B. Mine has a loom connection between the top two unions

Here's a useful overview of the function of these devices confirming you're right about its purpose: https://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/brakes/brake-types/master-brake2

It looks like it should be a standard part off something else - toyota? - as I'm sure Lotus wouldn't have made one specifically. Further than that I can't help!

ATB Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi,  its from a triumph, its job is to warn of a pressure differential between the two brake circuits. Have a look at www.vtr.org/maintain/pdwa.shtml Its from the Vintage Triumph Register. Explains all you need to know.

Regards John

PS it does not Isolate a faulty brake circuit, its telling you there is a potential leak in one of your circuits.

John

• Thanks 1

Dave,

I should have checked the link, however that's not where you need to go too, I have checked the vtr web site this morning and the article I was trying to link to has been removed, I will take a copy and put it in up here as a pdf.

Thanks for letting me know.

John

• Thanks 1