Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nmeg's July Jaunt - Page 6 - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nmeg's July Jaunt

Backmarker

Just spoke to somone at Nick Whale's and they are still expecting us tomorrow, they have had a bit of rain, but all problems on A38 are south of Bromsgrove.

just did a quick check on Met check for a couple of areas on route and it looks like the rain should ease off at about 6pm and be dry _ish overnight

If you are coming please check this thread on a regular basis between now and set off time

thanks

Howard

just been out in the rain to fill my baby up for tomorrow,

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for making the call Howard.

According to the BBC worst of the rain is south of our venue which may create problems for BigSi, Ben and Ambrose. (apologies if I've missed any others off that list). Remember guys only S1's can go underwater.

I will keep a close eye on the flood warnings and if it looks unsafe, tomorrows meet will be cancelled.

I don't think that will happen. The forecast for later today and tomorrow is much better.

If anyone as a link to the man upstairs, a word in his shell-like might be prudent.

In the meantime, keep checking this thread.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Kato is coming from the south...or maybe he,s not now?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Yes presume Bedford is south........sorry Kato, but hope you're still attending.

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Yipee, it's stopped raining, and has actually started to dry :lol: ....................Sorry spoke too soon just looked out of the window and it's started again. :)

Just read another thread where Katie has posted to say her Esprit is standing in water and mud after yesterday's deluge.

Hope things have dried out Katie and you're still able to join us all tomorrow.

Regular weather reports expected Adrian :lol: .

It keeps stopping and starting here but no real amounts of surface water.

Graham.

Just checked the Environment Agency website. They are listing flood warnings for Kidderminster and Telford. Could Adrian or Dave Barney comment on Kidderminster and Ian Heighway (if he's viewing) tell us about Telford please.

Thanks,

Graham.

Hi Guys and Gals

Just got off the phone with bigsi and he's talked me into coming up tommorow.

I have been considering it for a while but as I had left it so late,and the weather being so unreliable wasn

Hi all, took me an hour and half and 3 diversions to get from Bromsgrove to Kiddie yesterday! Its looking a bit better now and think tomorrow should be ok, not so sure about getting to Telford in the Esprit though!

See you all tomorrow.

Dave

looks loike the dryer weather that was expected for monday has shifted forward :)

i was at work in telford and there was some puddles in the usual places but not much.

the flooding that was on the a460 this morning when i went to work, had all gone by dinner time , ooooh :) nite, better fetch it :lol:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

It dry here in staffordshire now, if any doubts re route kiddrminster to telford we could always come back via the motorway and pick up a route to the lamb from the M54,

alternatly we could come , bromsgrove, kiddrminster, bridgenorth, sutton madock, telford, crudgington,, which was my route to and from Paul Mattys before I moved

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I'm still planning on coming from the south! Looks like M1, M6, M42 then A38.

What's the best sites to look at for info on weather and roads?

Is this where we're meeting?

Hilton Park, J10a/11 M6, Essington, Wolverhampton, Staffs WV11 2AT

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

we hope to be at Nick Whales at about 10.30 post code is B61 0HS it is only a couple of mile up the road from Paul Mattys, directly opposite the Hilton hotel, if you arer early then we are all meeting at frankley services (southbound) on the M5 but it is only 5 mins away from Nick Whales,

look forward to seeing you tomorrow, and my car in next years calendar (hint hint)

contact page for Nick Whale

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Kato

That's an affirmative on the meeting point. You can check the met office website, BBC and weather.com although weather is not looking top bad for tomorrow.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Kato where you meeting us?

Nick Whales post code is B61 0HS.

If you're coming to Frankley then it's the southbound services between jct's 3 and 4 of the M5.

If you're coming to Hilton Park then they are the southbound services between jct's 10 and 11 on the M6.

Let us know which one you're aiming for matey

Graham.

Bugger...........two posts before I can type mine

Punky,

Added you to the list. Good to have you along.

You'll have to share BigSi's chipolata roll :lol:

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

Thanks for letting us know Katie.

Hope those cakes don't go to waste.

See you at another hoon soon.

Graham.

I did a dry run ( no pun intended ) to Nick Whale's this evening, and no problems with any flooding, so bar any torrential downpours tonight it should be ok tomorrow. The 449 from Kiddy to Bridgenorth is ok too I think.

I am happy to lead the squadron back to Kiddy and onto the 442 but cant go allthe way to the Lamb as we have family commitments later in the afternoon. Dave and I are having a mini Hoon from Kiddy to Frankley in the morning so see you all there about 10ish.

Got to get up early though as I have still got to clean the mud off the Orange lady after last weeks adventure to Taunton.

Hi guys the rain stopped around 1400hrs to day and has been on and off very light drizzle most of the afternoon but it has now stopped roads are damp with some puddles.

If it stays Dry im hopping to join you guys on this 1

Ian

logo_01-2.jpg

Sorry guys cannot make iit tomorrow as wife gone on holiday before me and left me with the kids, as three cannot fit in the esprit I will have to see you at another event. Sounds like it is going to be a good day out though!!!!

mick

It's 11-30 PM. I've just returned Telford - Bridgenorth - Dudley. Roads clear, no problems, very light rain.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti