Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 Track Tyre Pressures - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430 Track Tyre Pressures

Interesting... so what are the normal recommended road tyre pressures for a 430 then?

I only ask because that is a lot lower than the recommended tyre pressures for my S1 SR with Pirelli Corsa's... 

Cup2's??

I was recommended by lotus test driver (for track use) to set them at 2bar cold. Do a few laps to get heat in them (pressure will rise), then come in and balance them all down to 2bar again hot. 

At the end of the day they'll be around 1.6bar cold, you'll need to pump them up again for the journey home. 

Key thing is to start at 2bar cold.

• Like 1

When people tell the tyre pressures for track driving, they are referring to hot pressures, not the usual cold pressures.  In other words, you want the pressures mentioned above to be the pressures that your tyres hit when they are warm on track.  That means you typically have to release pressure before tracking with the cup 2s.  Don’t forget to inflated them again for the drive home.

On 08/11/2018 at 14:59, TheKevlarKid said:

Cup2's??

I was recommended by lotus test driver (for track use) to set them at 2bar cold. Do a few laps to get heat in them (pressure will rise), then come in and balance them all down to 2bar again hot. 

At the end of the day they'll be around 1.6bar cold, you'll need to pump them up again for the journey home. No

Key thing is to start at 2bar cold.

👌