Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Comes Home To Norfolk! - Page 2 - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Comes Home To Norfolk!

OwenGT3

Just before the bridge? Could have been (usually stop there for a quick nose) but haven't been up in the Esprit since June/July last year.

I have only had my car since January this year so must have been someone else.

Chats

Adam

1999 Lotus Esprit GT3

1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1 1600 though will be an 1800Ti upon completion (Currently in bits all over the garage and has been since 2004)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Also posted this info in Stevens Technical, pod vibrations.] :)

Hi,

I've been busy today fixing this annoying problem of the headlight pods vibrating. The fix really needs two new arms, but as I haven't got any at the moment I did the best I could. Luckily I'm a hoarder, so I have hundreds of spare parts and selected fixing items to remedy problems such as this. The first thing I did was to remove the whole arm from the lights and motor. Also I had to remove one of the lights, because Lotus in their wisdom decided to fit a captive plate with nuts on, but didn't actually attach it to the light pod, so when I came to refit I had to locate the captive nut plate. :) This wasn't too major, just remove a light.

With the arm off I was able to work on the bench to repair the arm. I had a good look and the ball centres were worn, so to temporally sort this until I get new ones I removed the ball heads then placed them in the vice one at a time, end to end and gently nipped them. By doing this it nipped the balls in the cups so they now didn

Edited by OwenGT3