Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Side Scoops - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Side Scoops

Anyone on here got any experience of fitting side scoops / pods on their Evora (400 is the preference but doesnt matter much).

I believe @JayEmm had some carbon elise shop ones fitted, but couldnt find many good pics, also not sure how carbon looks with the gloss black everywhere else.

Also any noticeable improvement vs pure cosmetics.

Cheers in advance.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I used the sugru stuff in the end, the scoops weren't a perfect fit unfortunately. I don't know if they were Elise shop ones though as I bought them from someone here.

I think they'd have looked better painted black on my car.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

4 hours ago, JayEmm said:

I used the sugru stuff in the end, the scoops weren't a perfect fit unfortunately. I don't know if they were Elise shop ones though as I bought them from someone here.

I think they'd have looked better painted black on my car.

And I in turn bought them from someone else on here, I think he brought them back from the states, so no idea where they originally came from. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

I enquired with Elise Shop a little while back about getting GRP versions rather than CF as I too would want them to be painted gloss black (or just possibly body colour) but they replied that they are only doing the latter.

I'm now in touch with Hethel Sport in the US who are proposing to do them in GRP and I'm just waiting on them confirming that the 'prototype' set has passed muster before placing an order.

Is there an advantage to using sugru over the recommend adhesive?

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

I also used Sugru for my install. I thought it would work best since its a mouldable glue that could fill any gaps or irregularities in the edges. Its easy to roll it into a long, thin shape and apply to the edge. Plus, it won't run or sag while installing.

Once the scoop is put in place and pushed on firmly, any excess that squeezes out can be easily cut off with a plastic pen cap or credit card. I used a credit card on mine and it left a perfect edge.

lotus evor scoop.JPG

• Like 2

On 15/12/2018 at 23:20, Alfa2Evora said:

I enquired with Elise Shop a little while back about getting GRP versions rather than CF as I too would want them to be painted gloss black (or just possibly body colour) but they replied that they are only doing the latter.

I'm now in touch with Hethel Sport in the US who are proposing to do them in GRP and I'm just waiting on them confirming that the 'prototype' set has passed muster before placing an order.

I believe Junks does them in GRP (You can find him on here, or more frequently over on the other place). He does both the long and short ones. Jayemms were the long ones, the 2 pictures here are the short ones.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

@JayEmm Do you have a close up pic of them on your old 400 you can post?

@Junks If you are about can you share any info on what you have available?

Thanks to all who have contributed to this post so far.

Long ones @dalepearson

F786E650-0251-4657-8D9D-E7FE2423F270.jpeg

869A4368-06F3-4570-854C-333F73DC4969.jpeg

Cheers @Colin P didn't realise you had these on your 400 :).

How do you find the Carbon ones contrast with the gloss black elsewhere on the car in real life? I assume these are Elise Shop ones (or maybe not as only see short ones)?

Edited by dalepearson

2 hours ago, dalepearson said:

@JayEmm Do you have a close up pic of them on your old 400 you can post?

@Junks If you are about can you share any info on what you have available?

Thanks to all who have contributed to this post so far.

Hi

Yes I have that type in GRP (Thanks Colin) :)

Edited by Junks
Grammar

• Gold FFM
On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:39, Colin P said:

I believe Junks does them in GRP (You can find him on here, or more frequently over on the other place). He does both the long and short ones. Jayemms were the long ones, the 2 pictures here are the short ones.

Thanks Colin. PM sent to @Junks.

5 hours ago, dalepearson said:

Cheers @Colin P didn't realise you had these on your 400 :).

How do you find the Carbon ones contrast with the gloss black elsewhere on the car in real life? I assume these are Elise Shop ones (or maybe not as only see short ones)?

Hi. To clarify they were on my car for about a month. I couldn’t decide if I preferred them on or off so removed them at which point I sold them to Jayemm. They came from someone else on here from the USA. My best guess is that they are from hethel motorsport, in which case I think they are the same supplier as Elise Shop. As jayemm said the fit wasn’t absolutely perfect but other carbon I had from Elise shop was, so who knows?

As regards contrast with the gloss black. It was a bit strange being the only carbon on the car but I had planned on the windscreen trims, GTE bonnet vents and mirror caps to match. 

Thanks for the clarification @Colin P I assume you heated up the sealant / sticky stuff :) to remove them and clean off the residue?