Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Throttle Position Sensor - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Throttle Position Sensor

I think i need a new throttle pot as my ecu is reading a problem with it....Where can I get one and what other car is it from??? Does anyone have one for sale, Garry???

Thanks

Mark

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i need a new throttle pot as my ecu is reading a problem with it....Where can I get one and what other car is it from??? Does anyone have one for sale, Garry???

Thanks

Mark

Maybe Malcolm Holmes (espritism.com) has one in stock ...

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Maybe Malcolm Holmes (espritism.com) has one in stock ...

I've got a bucket load of TPS's that rotate in the wrong direction! Managed to order rather alot of the wrong part from a bulk supplier in the US. Will try again and hopefully get the correct part next time!

:whistle:

Malc

www.espritism.com

Do the TPS units actually fail that often? My car has an idle problem when it gets hot in the engine bay (ie, latent temperature in the engine bay, not related to water temperature)..

The car starts to idle higher and higher.. the ECU show the throttle position has increased. When it cools, it goes back to normal.

Could this be a TPS fault maybe?

Don't want to spend many

Do the TPS units actually fail that often? My car has an idle problem when it gets hot in the engine bay (ie, latent temperature in the engine bay, not related to water temperature)..

The car starts to idle higher and higher.. the ECU show the throttle position has increased. When it cools, it goes back to normal.

Could this be a TPS fault maybe?

Don't want to spend many

Gyn,

At idle Freescan should show TPS as 0, the voltage is allowed to vary a bit between 0.4 and 0.6 V if i remember correctly. You can read the output voltage for the TPS in the sensor diagnostic screen. If it is outside this range you could try reseating the TPS with Freescan running, you will notice only fractions of mm make a big difference to the calibration.

Hi Dermot.. I have an emerald system that is different to the Lotus system, but it has a similar mapping program that I use.

I'll check again what the minimum and maximum values are. If it is supposed to wander slightly when it gets hot then it probably is a lot less than mine actually is doing.

I tried a recalibration while it was warm and it did fix it at the time.. but then wouldn't idle when it was cold!!

In fact, when the engine is warming up it often stalls when I take my foot off the accellerator. It's most annoying actually. It's only when it's at normal running temperature that is behaves.

It doesn't seem water temp related either, so it must be something in the engine bay getting hot and either increasing resistance or moving even.

Could do with another trip to Emerald for a mapping session.. but that means a boat trip, (

• 2 months later...