Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Snetterton, Sunday 10 March - Javelin - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Snetterton, Sunday 10 March - Javelin

Gashead1105

https://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/March/Snetterton_10th_March_2019 

I've booked onto this. First trackday in the 400 since I bought it last year - should probably have checked if it would pass the noise tests first but I've complete faith in what Lee told me when I picked it up!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No, its a 2bular. Quieter than OE,and there are some cans to. Lee did a couple of trackdays while he had it. 

I'm about an hour or so from Snetterton. @Hangar111@Hangar111 do you have a noise test meter? 

• 1 month later...

Good job its not a stock exhaust because that would be a definite fail at Snetterton on a 400 🙂 

I might look at this day, its always good to have a weekend track day.  My only doubt is I've found Javelin days to be very busy.

Well, if it's going to be too loud I can always take the station snotter. Anyone overtaken by a 307 diesel on ditchfinders should hang their head in shame!

I've never had any issues with Javelin. Always been a good day out

• 4 weeks later...

It's wet. It's windy. There's very little grip. Quite a lot of fun even so... But tripped the drive by noise  meter on the third run and been black flagged! See if the cans make a difference after lunch... 

• Like 1

Cans didn't help so I just had passenger rides in the afternoon. Guess I need to investigate an even quieter 2bular before I do another UK trackday

1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

Cans didn't help so I just had passenger rides in the afternoon. Guess I need to investigate an even quieter 2bular before I do another UK trackday

I believe Bedford is one of the toughest circuits for noise.  Sorry to hear it did not go too well for you. Did they give you a DB rating as I'd be keen to know.  Thanks.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@Gashead1105 just twigged it was your 400 today. Even looked at your exhaust, did you put additional silencers on?  It sounded great and not as loud as other 400’s. I shoukd have come to say hello, I was testing in a C1 for the 24hr race. Very wet and cold but a great day. Ps your car looked ace

@C8RKH was Snetterton. Yeah, the cans didn't help. Static tested in the morning at 96db, so thought I was in good shape. Then did 3 runs, they flagged me on the 3rd run, they were doing their best and hoping the rain would dampen the sound, but ran out of leeway in the end. I hit 96 on the drive by. 92 is the limit at Snet, which is pretty standard. Before I do the next one in the UK I will look to get one of the QP ones. Not sure when that will be of course, and will probably be Spa next to be honest...

@Stuart Monument aw, thanks. Yeah, it's not as loud as a normal one - @Gm77was there with me in his wife's Focus because his OE 400 has no hope of passing - but still too loud in the end. They wouldn't let me back out even, I put the cans on but they weren't enough to make a difference, not to quieten it by 4db anyway! Also I was a bit careless on the static noise testing and managed to ring up 104db! So as it was louder than I achieved in the morning, that was that for the day. Not worth arguing about. I amused myself abusing Greg's driving from the passenger seat of the focus instead. I'd love to do something like the C1 racing. Not got the time though 

• Like 1