Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car collection next week - drive it or trailer it? - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Car collection next week - drive it or trailer it?

Karls

Cheers Duncan, yeah, it’s great. The cleaning starts tomorrow and as I managed to clear out the years of accumulated crap in my garage over the last two weeks, paint the walls white and put down flooring, will continue on the lead up to the Spring. At last I have a garage that is going to be nice to spend time in, especially with a lovely Lotus in it 😁

• Gold FFM

Congratulations Karl

If you need us to do some crowd funding for your forum membership so we can see some pictures of your new beastie? 

We need to see piccys, even dirty ones...:P

22 hours ago, duncx said:

Congrats Karl, it's a real beauty isnt it  :wub:

I know exactly how the seller feels, it was 100% my decision to sell the Exige (no pressure from anywhere, just fancied a 250 Cup) but when I abandoned the 350 at Murrays I couldn't help but feel somewhat gutted.

Now get it washed and polished ready for some nice spring weather :)

I’m in that boat.....keep looking at 250 cups!how are you getting on with the swap?

31 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

I’m in that boat.....keep looking at 250 cups!how are you getting on with the swap?

To be honest when I put my sensible head on I don't regret buying the 250 one bit. Compared to the V6 it's so light and lively on the road it's a sheer delight to hussle along twisty B roads, it's better through town due to the much lighter clutch and it's  much easier to park due to better rear visibility and lighter steering. Noticeably cheaper on fuel too. The interior is exactly the same as the 350 apart from it has the lovely carbon seats and is a lot brighter inside due to the back window.

When I don't have my sensible head on I miss the noise of the V6 and the sheer drama of the looks of the thing. The Elise is pretty and purposeful whereas the V6 just looks epic!

In conclusion, for looks I prefer the V6, for driving I prefer the 250.

Although they both have more than enough performance for road use (I don't track my cars) they are quite different. The Elise takes off like a scalded cat, particularly in 1st and 2nd (VERY easy to hit the rev limiter!)) and the performance is somehow easier to access. I expect that the V6 is ultimately a faster car but for some reason I didn't feel able to exploit/use the power the same? Maybe I'm just a crap driver? 

You should post your questions on the 250 thread - there are a few people who have moved from the V6 to the 250 so you could see if they give you the same answers!

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1

On 10/02/2019 at 18:44, duncx said:

Although they both have more than enough performance for road use (I don't track my cars) they are quite different. The Elise takes off like a scalded cat, particularly in 1st and 2nd (VERY easy to hit the rev limiter!)) and the performance is somehow easier to access. I expect that the V6 is ultimately a faster car but for some reason I didn't feel able to exploit/use the power the same? Maybe I'm just a crap driver? 

If it’s just for the road driving I’d probably suggest Elise (more than enough speed up to 100mph)  but if it’s for the track.. Exige everyday!

My first lap at Hethel in a 350Sport was 5 seconds a lap faster than in an Elise 220Sport... 6 laps later I was more that 6.5 seconds faster!

A few months later I sold my Elise. 

That doesn't surprise me TBH!

I guess though that a 250 Cup Elise would claw some of that difference back - at track speeds the aero and tyres should make a significant difference when compared with a 220 Sport. Not to mention the extra 30bhp and 500rpm! :lol:

• Like 1