Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Toys To Fit... - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Toys To Fit...

Got a few bits to fit (hopefully Sir Troy will be directing things)

Four of these tastily refurbed by BJV and sporting brand new Toyo Proxes T1-R 235/40 ZR17 front, 295/35 ZR18 rear:

S4s_Alloy_150.jpg

I do need a set of centre caps if anyone out there can help????

This from John Welch WC Engineering:

turboandexhaustpics005-1.jpg

turboandexhaustpics003.jpg

turboandexhaustpics005.jpg

turboandexhaustpics001.jpg

And this from the good people at quicksilver:

turboandexhaustpics007.jpg

turboandexhaustpics009.jpg

turboandexhaustpics010.jpg

turboandexhaustpics008.jpg

a couple of these Brand New from Lotus:

Monster6_28.jpg

Should be fun?

:)

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats some pretty wheels, turbo and exhaust bling :) there Roger. Be good to see your baby running with these on.

Alex :)

Edited by Alex --GT3--

There's a guy on German Ebay who has stickers to put on your current centre caps, maybe look at his auctions; his nick name is 'superlotus'.

Cheers,

Hans

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Hmmmmmmmm ... I don't like to spoil the party, but this turbo is not a bolt on unit. Just bolt it on and you will experience a horrible low down and midrange lag. The stock turbine size vs. the 70+ compressor wheel is a bit on the strange side. It takes a lot of compensation work to make this thing work.

Just MHO, of course.

Marcus

Congrats !

The turbo is top! After some playing it behaves very well ...

:)

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

Hmmmmmmmm ... I don't like to spoil the party, but this turbo is not a bolt on unit. Just bolt it on and you will experience a horrible low down and midrange lag. The stock turbine size vs. the 70+ compressor wheel is a bit on the strange side. It takes a lot of compensation work to make this thing work.

Just MHO, of course.

Marcus

In that case, just order one from Marcus, he has bolt on units !

Have to agree with you Russell.....

Has been confusing me a tad...

Only thing I can guess Roger is that you've fitted the tail pipe sections the wrong way around....!!!!

Wheels look Bling though...!!!

Simon

Chunky Lover

Just proved it by playing with the picture using the visible joins. Rotate centre section about 180, the tailpipes across the car should then be behind the down pipe when on the car (looking from the rear). The down pipe is then roughly in line with the tail pipe.

Edited by russellbosier

Just proved it by playing with the picture using the visible joins. Rotate centre section about 180, the tailpipes across the car should then be behind the down pipe when on the car (looking from the rear). The down pipe is then roughly in line with the tail pipe.

From there website..........

post-191-1180976927.jpg

This is the one I have with a silencer, if you can call it that! .....sounds fab :realmad:

Phil

98GT3

post-191-1180976927.jpg

This is the one I have with a silencer, if you can call it that! .....sounds fab :realmad:

Phil

98GT3

Nice one, got the same beneath mine, had to re-weld all seams though.... The sound is super !

:devil:

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Thanks for the comment guys,

Yeah glad you are all awake - with exhaust it was just done on kitchen table for a quick photo never looked at it this close until i posted here!!!! Yeah i am a nob....i'll get my coat.

With turbo - it is not the same as Marcus's really - although Marcus you do have a good product. Glynn harper has 'bolted' his on with no problems he mentioned - also as i said Troy is on the case shortly so no doubt he'll know what to do to make it purr like a rabid thing.

I am interested to compare this exhaust with my current custom build job from Torque Techniques set up - again twin pipes, slightly more 'craftmanship' than the inverted kitchen table object i have pictured here and by all accounts 'rude as you like' in the sound department. She fires nice flames and that and scaring children is about all i want from an exhaust!!! It's just my 'current custom' jobby has had a few 'issues' so something norty and cheap was a temporary necessity!!!

Wheels are a joy to look at and as Bibs said they are the OZ allen key centre caps i'm after. I'll try that fella you mention Hans - cheers mate.

At the end of the day - as all of the experienced fellows i've communicated with previously have advised this Turbo unit should be the icing on the mechanical cake for my little project - after this comes a 'darker side' primarily in the paintwork department...

Stage 4 coming soon...

Cheers again fellas,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I'll try that fella you mention Hans - cheers mate.

It's not listed anymore on Ebay, but I do have his email address, I'll PM it to you ... (tomorrow morning, @ work now :realmad: )

Cheers

//edit : PM sent ...

Edited by bzguy

Nice one, got the same beneath mine, had to re-weld all seams though.... The sound is super !

:realmad:

Mine was on my car when I got it 3 years ago now and so I can't compare it to a stock system for performance, does anyone know how much better it is???

I have only had the right hand bracket re-welded due to a fracture line, all the rest has held up well with no problems. I wonder how much the silencer actually does, it's only about 1/2" bigger all round on the pipe and maybe a foot long! Do many non-Esprit people think that the engine is very big and a V8? many people are amazed when I tell them it's a 2 litre in-line four from what they hear.

Phil

98GT3

post-191-1180976927.jpg

This is the one I have with a silencer, if you can call it that! .....sounds fab :lol:

Phil

98GT3

Phil Where can i purhase one of the systems for my GT3 please and how much? Regards Paul

Phil Where can i purhase one of the systems for my GT3 please and how much? Regards Paul

Paul, was that your orange GT3 at Castle Coombe I saw?

Heres a few links for you

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/home.as...-Back%201989-00

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/product...n.asp?NewsID=92

As a matter of interest I would like to know how much they cost......just so I know how much money I won't be spending :lol::no

Phil

98GT3