Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit electric power steering conversion - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit electric power steering conversion

Has anyone tried to install 2004-09 Honda S2000 electric steering rack and controller?

It seems to be similar in size and girth to S4s hydraulic rack and pinion and, I assume, it can be mounted(?) in similar way. Important fact is, that the right side mounting bracket position is adjustable.

Honda S2000 electric powr steering rack.jpg

Honda S2000 powr eteer pass sd.jpg

detail Honda S2000 el pwr rack.jpg

Honda S2000 powr steerng.jpg

2004-09 Honda S2000 electric steering rack.jpg

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I understood they were no longer made & very expensive to obtain. :ermm:

Cheers,

John W

• 9 months later...

When Mazda were developing the ND, current, MX5, they found mounting the motor on the rack had less flex and better feel. Info about 40s into this link:

The S2000 motor is also rack mounted.

• Like 2

DanR

• 7 months later...

Hi Chaps,

I was contemplating an EPS conversion for my Esprit a few years ago. I'm used to the heavy steering now and the missus isn't interested in driving it so I have decided not to bother.

So, I have an electric steering column, with the control unit, from a Toyota Prius, for sale if anyone wants one. They are a good match for the Esprit or any other vehicle EPS conversion project for that matter. Only requires a 12v supply and works perfectly. Obviously a little engineering is needed to graft it into the existing Esprit column but this has been documented previously. PM me for more info if anyone interested.

Regards,

Andy.

20220928_110047.jpg

20220928_110011.jpg

• 1 month later...

I recently made a conversion to electric powersteering using the set from EZ POWERSTEERING in the Netherlands.

It was not too difficult since it was pretty plug'n' play.

Not a cheap one, but easy one ! (the set for the Esprit is 1800€)

Patrick

• Like 1

• 10 months later...