Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mystery part - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Mystery part

The serrated edges make it look home made. :ermm:

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

Yes, the throttle cable is in.  But I don’t see exactly what this part has to do with it?

I have the feeling the serrated  edges are there on purpose.   I don’t know...

Maybe it is not that important.  But during this restoration I am always worried of forgetting something essential.  These details hold me up all the time…

Could it be something of the ventilation mechanism??

7 hours ago, jonwat said:

The serrated edges make it look home made. :ermm:

The serrations remind me of the edges of my air conditioner compressor mounts. I think they are to regularly spaced to be hand cut.

Could it be a backing plate for bolts going through something soft like fiberglass or plywood?

I've no idea what that part is but I can tell you that Lotus do have parts with serrated edges. Some of the shims on the rear radius arms have that edging. :)

It's getting there......