Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 On Ebay - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 On Ebay

esprit22

Guess you guys have seen the ad for the V8 on ebay. What are your thoughts? Guy reckons it needs new clutch and small bodywork repair. (car located close to where I live) Worth looking at or pass by?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one: Blue V8

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. My guess is it need loads more work than just the clutch, as although the clutch is an engine out job on a V8, it's not the end of the world to change.

Must have been standing for a while outside (rusty discs).

Hmm... I'm keeping an eye on it too Chris!

Virtually no service history nor accompanying paperwork. Quite understandable in the circumstances but slightly worrying nonetheless (too me anyway). Also it's a fairly early V8 so there could be liner related issues, although with 58,000 miles on the clock it could be argued that they'd have probably arisen before now.

I'm slightly puzzled as to why they've has bought this one and seem to be punting it straight on without doing any of the work themselves. Their normal MO seems to be to buy (and advertise for) project cars which are then serviced/repaired etc before selling on. In fairness they do seem to enjoy a pretty good reputation so there's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation, but it's certainly something I'd want to explore further before committing myself.

But can't help thinking that this has the potential to prove a much more expensive project than it first appears. If I was seriously interested I'd definitely try and talk our Newmarket friend into coming down for a look see.

The car is (I think) at Stocks Coachworks in Chelmsford, he is looking for 13k for it as it sits.

Does seem odd that he wont get involved doing any work to it himself, does he know something we dont??

Was'nt there a problem with early V8s, porus blocks??

Did they sort this out on 98 models?

Shame no one knows who owned the car in the past, as you say, history is much needed.

Guess you guys have seen the ad for the V8 on ebay. What are your thoughts? Guy reckons it needs new clutch and small bodywork repair. (car located close to where I live) Worth looking at or pass by?

Ok,

Being a V8 owner, here's my take on this car. If that car was LHD and in the States, I would buy it.

1. The color is very rare. Not as rear as the burgundy, but #2.

2. Clutch is about

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Ok,

Being a V8 owner, here's my take on this car. If that car was LHD and in the States, I would buy it.

1. The color is very rare. Not as rear as the burgundy, but #2.

2. Clutch is about

But how much would you pay?

Personally, and I know this is not much help, but I'd offer not much more than a good fish and chip supper for it. Having had one of the earlier V8's when they were new(ish) you don't really know what you are getting in to with out history. My original V8 killed my passion for Esprits for over 5 years. The missus wishes it had lasted a bit longer I think!

Regards

Fred

I have found the low down on this car. The seller assures me that it's only the clutch, service and front bumper that need doing. Also maybe the interior may need a spruce up (driver's seat reconolising).

The car was reposessed a while ago and the bailiff ended up buying it from the finance company. He drove it for a while when the clutch failed. It stood in his garage until it ended up at Stocks Coachworks. It's a straight car, as I know Mark and take his word for it. As for why he isn't doing the worm himself, he has too many Esprits (at least 4 I know of) in his garage at the mo and can't find the time to do this one. If any of his other Esprits are sold then he will take this off sale.

As for value, it's entirely upto you how much you are prepared to pay for it. Are you serious about buying it in the first place? Do you have to sell your other esprit first to fund your new one?

If you don't fancy taking on a project then there's a couple of V8's on LEW for about

But how much would you pay?

That's kind of difficult to say. Here in the states, a good, low mileage 1998 will run between

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

I have found the low down on this car. The seller assures me that it's only the clutch, service and front bumper that need doing. Also maybe the interior may need a spruce up (driver's seat reconolising).

The car was reposessed a while ago and the bailiff ended up buying it from the finance company. He drove it for a while when the clutch failed. It stood in his garage until it ended up at Stocks Coachworks. It's a straight car, as I know Mark and take his word for it. As for why he isn't doing the worm himself, he has too many Esprits (at least 4 I know of) in his garage at the mo and can't find the time to do this one. If any of his other Esprits are sold then he will take this off sale.

As for value, it's entirely upto you how much you are prepared to pay for it. Are you serious about buying it in the first place? Do you have to sell your other esprit first to fund your new one?

If you don't fancy taking on a project then there's a couple of V8's on LEW for about