Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brands Hatch Lotus Bbq - 27th June - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brands Hatch Lotus Bbq - 27th June

Bibs

Here are the rules for the soapbox challenge, are we up for this? (I hope so :whistle:)

XXX Soap Box Challenge

Introduction

The Inaugural round of the XXX Soap Box Challenge will take place at Brands Hatch, Kent on the 27 of June 2007. Entrants will compete to achieve the longest distance powered only by the slope of the circuit.

Regulations

1 Power

1.1 Vehicles should have no means of self propulsion including, for example, pedal, wind, electric, combustion engine power. They must rely solely on the slope of the circuit and gravity

2 Construction

2.1 Construction materials are free

2.2 Vehicle dimensions must not exceed;

Length 3m

Width 1.5m

Height 1m

2.3 Vehicle chassis must be of a four wheel type

2.4 The vehicle must have an appropriate steering mechanism to navigate the circuit

2.5 Braking systems are optional

2.6 No vehicle weight restrictions apply

2.7 Bodywork must at minimum enclose the lower body of the driver from the waist and permit driver only to be seated with feet to the front of the vehicle

3 Driver

3.1 Must wear a full face helmet complying with A/FR standards

3.2 Must wear suitable clothing

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* whistles as tumbleweeds pass *

Any interest in an LEF soapbox racer? We've 8 days to go!

I would suggest that anyone interested in helping out meets up this weekend at a convenient location somewhere (erm TBC) and we get going! Anyone?

:mail: is my calender wrong ? is this a Wednesday????

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Yup, it's next Wednesday night.

I've emailed the organisers to say that we're too lame to get a soapbox racer together but will be there with Esprit's in force!

Guest Steve L
1 & 2. Bibs & Laura (sans Esprit)

3. Bigsi (with Esprit)

4. James (with Esprit)

5 & 6 Glyn & Toni (with Esprit)

7. Dave Eds - hope you dont mind me posting this on LEC as well

8. Chris (Esprit22) with Esprit

9. Simon350S, most prob....... its a BBQ afterall, though not as good as mine i'm sure....!!! Could bring my Esprit to enter in soap box race as it aint got an engine..... or... err.... brakes...!!!! LOL

10. Dodgy (with esprit if fixed)

11.Paul (with Esprit, The Orange One!! You cant miss me :mail: )

12. Jono (hopefully an Esprit + soap box racer)

13. Martyn (martynv) with Esprit pending outcome of C service

14 & 15. Troy & Caroline (with Esprit unless Lotus want me to drive the 2-Eleven or GT3 down :lol: )

16. Mike MPx (with Esprit if its been fettled and MOT'd by then....... :yes )

17. SteveL - passenger in James's Esprit No 4. above

Understand from Lipscombs that it starts at 5 o'c. So, I'm thinking in terms of getting there about then.

Ashley, Chris, Martyn (and anyone else) - meet up at The Nags Head, Brentwood at 16:00 - 16:15 and leave for BH at 16:30?

James

Understand from Lipscombs that it starts at 5 o'c. So, I'm thinking in terms of getting there about then.

Ashley, Chris, Martyn (and anyone else) - meet up at The Nags Head, Brentwood at 16:00 - 16:15 and leave for BH at 16:30?

James

Sounds like a good plan James :thumbsup: . I reckon the earlier the better the bit of M25 I'll need to get round is bound too start cloging up fairly early on I suspect.

Martyn :rtfm:

Sounds like a good plan James :thumbup: . I reckon the earlier the better the bit of M25 I'll need to get round is bound too start cloging up fairly early on I suspect.

Martyn :welcome:

James what are you doing up at 2.00am? I should get to the nags head at about 4.25 - 30. See you there

Edited by Funkyyellowgibbon

James

Not me James, may be there later on, see how it goes.

Not me James, may be there later on, see how it goes.

Looks like just the three of us then James. I gonna aim for just after 4.00pm I reckon to try and miss the traffic !, so will probably get there before 4.30pm hopefuly :welcome:

See you tomorrow

Martyn :thumbup:

I have the car going in the morning to have the bolt replaced on the wishbone and have the tracking done. :welcome:

If i can get out of the garage by mid-day then i will take a drive down (will be the first real run since picking the car up) :thumbup:

I have the car going in the morning to have the bolt replaced on the wishbone and have the tracking done. :blink:

If i can get out of the garage by mid-day then i will take a drive down (will be the first real run since picking the car up) :thumbup:

Best of luck mate :welcome: . Be good if you can make it down to Brands.

Martyn :D

I think I'll find out once we arrive James!

Call me once you're close and I'll let you know. Oh, and watch out for that Truvelo about a mile before the entrance to Brands. It's NSL but at the end of a long straight.

The stand isn't too hard to 'pop up' but the more the merrier matey, thanks :thumbup:

Editted to add that we're parking up just to the left of the Kentagon (the restaurant) so in front of the go kart track I think :welcome:

The stand isn't too hard to 'pop up' but the more the merrier matey, thanks :welcome:

Bibs,

Should be arriving with James and ashley if all goes to plan, so should have someone for each corner of the stand :blink: . See you later.

Martyn :thumbup:

Still hoping to be there if I can get away from work early enough.

Will be in M100 though ;)

Dave.

Elans are always welcome, make sure you come park with us and say hello ;)

I'm 5 miles from Brands and the latest weather report from my office window is: Dry. Rain clouds present but there's a tiny bit of blue sky too...

:)

Did anyone go last night? or are you all keeping it a secret?? (or are you all still drying out!!!) :wallbash:

Yes we did have a small crowd of us down there last night. The weather stayed fine for the convoy down from the Nags Head and for about another hour or so after that. Atempts to put up the LEF stand were eventualy halted by fears of a colision with any low flying aircraft :rofl: . The highlight of the evening was definitely the LEF karting GP, Bibs built up an impressive lead from pole but unfotunately suffered a spin when the rain started to come down and I think he came in second in the end and was also very wet :yes . The rain stoped for a while after the kart race, luckily long enough for the soap box racers to do there thing. This was closely followed by a huge black cloud and everyone running for the Kentagon Restaurant and the indoor BBQ :ice: . A fair bit of action on the track as well in quite wet conditions in the later stages. Only saw one spin from a Honda driver, not sure what he was doing on there.

A good night out I think despite the weather and as always it was good to see everyone again :) . Haven't got any pics because I forgot my camera but Bibs had a huge one :D (camera lense that is), so I'm sure some pics will follow.

Martyn :beer:

PS: Hope everyone got home in the rain Ok