Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Attn: Uk Residents - Page 3 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Attn: Uk Residents

shadeone

Yes indeedy... actually preferred them to the chocolate version (never tasted like 'real' chocolate to me).

Think I can vaguely remember those particular Spangles Martyn, although I think I preferred the Olde English variety.

Anyone remember Bazooka Joe bubblegum (you must Kimbers cos it was pink :whistle: )? Each piece came with a paper 'token'; when you'd saved enough you could exchange them for a range of el cheapo gifts.

YES! The bazooka joe angled flashlight was the one I coveted. Never got it and never knew anyone who did!

Remember the packs of bubblegum with cards of Captain scarlet - on one side you'd get a top trumps type thing (Destiny angel's vital statistics, I shouldn't wonder) , and on the back there was part of the bigger picture - collect the lot and you had a jigsaw puzzle.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do now Richard :whistle: I'll tell you it took a whole lot of chewing too :)

I also got a truly rubbish 35 mm all-plastic camera (inc lense)... the shoulder strap of which always reminded me of the liquorice 'boot laces' but actually tasted a lot better :)

Ahhh, Bazooka Joe, pink and one of the real bubblegum flavoured bubblegum! I remember it was really difficult to chew to begin with, quite hard!

I used to love those crumbly/creamy mints as well but can't remember what they were called....bomboms? they like crumbled to begin with and then sort of melted, real nice!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

You do now Richard :whistle: I'll tell you it took a whole lot of chewing too :)

I also got a truly rubbish 35 mm all-plastic camera (inc lense)... the shoulder strap of which always reminded me of the liquorice 'boot laces' but actually tasted a lot better :)

James, tell me you still use the angle lamp? Say its still in your toolkit, please?

I think we all knew deep down that the bazooka joe merchandise was always going to be marginal, but that never stopped us chewing, did it? I loved the cartoons in the packs too, for some reason that eludes me now. My youngest (10) is still a huge fan of those liquorice bootlaces, but favours some green 'apple' flavour. Foul.

Captain scarlet bubblegum cards ebay auction - it wasn't a top trumps thing. My memory is playing up, clearly.

Think I can vaguely remember those particular Spangles Martyn, although I think I preferred the Olde English variety.

I can certainly remember the Olde English variety, they where really dark almost black weren't they ?.

Martyn :no

Pacers I adored.....wish they still did them.

Also Olde Englishe flavoured spangles.....gorgeous.

And a chocolate bar called Cobanna......about the size of a Boost. Soft coconut with cherries, surrounded by caramel and covered in thick milk chocolate. OMG.....DROOL!! They were my favourite.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

OMG!! Someone who actually remembers Cabanas!! No one ever does. Star bars I have not seen in a while, and I loved those too. And Fuse. An one by Cadbury that was star bar sized, but coated in peanuts all over on the outside. Very chewy in the middle, was wrapped in dark brown plastic-like packaging.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

wehey man - any one else remember Tudor crisps ?

They were rubbish. :smoke:

Did they do Hedgehog flavour crisps??and had to with draw them because the tree huggers were getting upset?obcviously they were not actually made from real hedgehogs............i think.

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Did they do Hedgehog flavour crisps??and had to with draw them because the tree huggers were getting upset?obcviously they were not actually made from real hedgehogs............i think.

Nick S4s

Yes your quite right Nick. Hedgehog flavour crsips had a very short lifetime !!!!

Martyn :smoke:

I think we have found a use for the forum tent at the next meet....................

sweet shop!

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

During the Dave Lee Travis years on radio 1 there was a sort of traffic warden vendetta. I remember being able to buy "traffic Warden flavour" walkers for a time.

Sometimes when i pick my niece up from school i get the chance to pop to the old sweet shop that was on the walk from school to the station. The shelves are still full of the large bottles ranging from cough candy to satin cushions....

theres only one thing the uk needs.... boxes of hostess twinkies!!!!! i got addicted to them when i was in the states on honeymoon.. a box of them only cost $5 at the time, gods i went through loads of them.

also loads of iced tea many flavours too!

Guest Troy Halliday

Well I do have a slight problem remembering my childhood I have to realy think hard to recal things (long story just ask Bibs) but I am totaly addicted to Multipower Protein Bars the vanilla ones. I buy great handfulls and have to give them to Caroline so that she can ration my addiction. Although don't tell her I always stick a few in my pocket for emerganicies :huh:

When I was a kid, my nan used to walk us down to the shops every sunday and buy us curly wurly's and toffees (came in red and blue packets), loved curly wurly's as a kid!

Edited by Caroline