Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Finding cars you used to own - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Finding cars you used to own

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I know, I know, but I've only recently stopped my car buying habit and moved on a couple of old classics due to my own arthritic knees. But, I did love this car at the the time and it has been well looked after in the 40 odd years since.

I hate these dilemmas!!!!! :wallbash:

• Haha 1

I've just realised why this car seems to be coming back to haunt me. My wife always gives our cars a name and because the letters of the reg plate on this one are the initials of her best friend, whose name is 'Christine', the car immediately became 'Christine'.

Anybody recall the Stephen King novel titled 'Christine'? :shock:

19 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

If you don't, you'll only live to regret it.

This! What a wonderful find though and you must have been pleased as punch it's in such fine condition. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

And there I was thinking my time with classic cars is done. It is one of those cars I’d always loved and after my previous Lotus Cortina, it was a lovely car to own in the 70’s. 

I’m away for a couple of weeks now so maybe I’ll express an interest when I get home. I know the current owner loves the car and I don’t want to push him into anything unless he’s ready to sell yet. 

I knew the car was still in use as, sad bugger that I am, I still occasionally do a DVLA check on some of my more loved cars from the past, just to see if they are in use. I must say I was pretty pleased to see it looking so good after all this time too.

And yes, I will regret it if I don’t. I guess the affliction never really goes away does it! 😁 

• Like 2

My old Excel se turned up in Holland  with a dead engine 3-4 years after I sold it.   I did offer to buy it back but the breaker over there  wanted too much once you add up the cost of getting it back here and a new engine.   Shame  because prior to the dead engine it was a nice car.  Always wonder about  my old Spitfire from early 90s, still insured and I guess in use but not seen it anywhere.

Oooooooooh look what  popped up on a search.  My old N/A.  I knew it went to Ireland about 3 years ago.    https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars/Lotus/Esprit        Shame hes stuck a spoiler on the back as I always liked the uncluttered lines.    One for @Bibs as well as it was his 1st Esprit as well.  Not bad, its put on £8k in 3 years.