Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 Jps Restoration Process - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 Jps Restoration Process

So the car restoration process has started...

...interrior is all out and being retrimed with alcantara (gold bits) and good black leather... will post pictures...

...yesterday we moved the car to a diferent garage with more space to take the engine off and start working on it...as well as checking the real state of the car mechanics...

...Some pics...

In the garage

cimg4931rj2.jpg

cimg4933tu5.jpg

cimg4934pw7.jpg

cimg4929qr1.jpg

cimg4924tk2.jpg

cimg4939mr1.jpg

cimg4941gn3.jpg

cimg4925vs0.jpg

why I cannot post many images on the same post?

Edited by Franky

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Lotus Esprit S2 JPS #27 -restoration process-

Complete interior (it was in a really bad shape!!!)

Exterior is looking ok as you can see on the next pictures...

Engine has to be checked, electrics...basically everything but the exterior...

some pictures out of the garage (that's my daddy on the first picture!!!)

cimg5443te5.jpg

cimg5445aa0.jpg

cimg5446rg9.jpg

cimg5448qb0.jpg

cimg5449mx3.jpg

cimg5450vo9.jpg

cimg5451rl8.jpg

cimg5452hy7.jpg

cimg5453an4.jpg

cimg5454ml3.jpg

Edited by Franky

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

BEAUTIFUL unit man!!! Wonderful... I've added you to messenger... if I don't answer... it's because I'm with a customer.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Glad you like it...I can't wait to drive it!!! (still long wait though!!!)

more pictures taking it onto the truck...

cimg5455ng5.jpg

cimg5456xv8.jpg

cimg5457ja8.jpg

cimg5458ay7.jpg

cimg5459vf3.jpg

cimg5460nv4.jpg

cimg5461cr3.jpg

• Like 1

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

So that's how it is the "clean" interior right now!!!

:crybaby:

cimg5435ip7.jpg

cimg5437nk0.jpg

cimg5436sk5.jpg

cimg5438nr1.jpg

Edited by Franky

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Twin rear exhaust pipes :smoke: looks like areally nice car, best of luck on the

restoration im sure it will look fantastic, keep us all up to date on the progress

and as hilly said great to see another resto project in this section :lol:

regards danny :yes

A

Thats one of the best S2s seen in ages; it seems our European friends are far more enlightened in their appreciation of this model :smoke:

cimg5438nr1.jpg

Scary picture! Are you going to remove the screen to retrim the top dash?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Yes I will...even If they told me probably it's gonna break on the process (just maybe...they will try to keep it)...

There's a need to do so for the dashboard and roof retriming!!!

It is indeed a scary picture...but the worst it looks now the better it will look when finished :yes

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Lovely car - keep us posted on your progress - she'll be a stunner! :cool:

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Bodywork looks fantastic. I would be interested in a picture of the exhaust without the rear valance fitted.

I replaced the leather on the top of my dash without removing the screen. There was just enough room to push the edge of the leather down between the fibreglass and the screen. I would think you can re-trim the roof without removing the screen as well. Remove the header rail from the top of the screen inside and replace the roof lining and replace the header rail to cover the rough edges of the trim.

Still I am sure you will do what you think is best and it will look fantastic when you have finished. Can't wait for more pictures of you progress.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

FANTASTIC CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aguy up the road has a jps rotting on his drive. Iasked him to sell it to me before i bought mine, but he said it was being restored, but to pop in again in the future. It still hasn't moved. When mine is finished i'm going back with fivers in pocket.

Best of luck with yours

regards Shane

By the way...I need to "repaint" Andretti's signature on the steering wheel...anyone has an idea on how to do it?

(the one on the picture is obviously not mine)

post-3269-1182153838.jpg

post-3269-1182153849.jpg

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Hi Franky - Nice project you've got going there ;)

The body looks to be in really good condition, and more importantly, doesn't look like any trim is missing or damaged. What was wrong with the interior, or are you just doing a tidy up?

Hope you don't find anything too serious on the mechanical side and can spend lots of time on the cosmetics.

Well done, good luck, and will follow your project with interest.

Cheers - Mark

Oh - Just noticed your post on the signature... Tell you what - Either post or send me a really large image of the signature required, the size, left to right & top to bottom, and I can get some rub-down transfer stuff made up (same as the old rub-down Letraset)

If you pay for postage, I'll send you a contact sheet with say 10 copies on it. Rub it down in position, and spray a clear lacquer over it to protect it. If it eventually rubs off (even though it shouldn't), you have another 9 copies to keep as spares ;)

Let me know if interested, and of course anyone else out there. If you can get these transfers made locally, I'll supply you the files as a .pdf, and you can get them made yourselves.

Edited by markt

By the way Markt...I'll try to find a good res signature and will accept your offer...I really apreciate it!!! :)

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

You're welcome Franky :)

You'll find a lot more people on here who will be a lot more helpful on the mechanical side than me, but only to happy to help how and when I can. (I also secret lust after a JPS S2 so no problems there :) )

• 4 weeks later...

So here they are...pictures from my new interior seats, door panels, lower dashboard and "clocks spaceship"... :(

Everything else (but carpets) is also finished, but well keeped in plastic waiting for the rest of the car to be worked on...

espritinterior002vr2.jpg

espritinterior004rd9.jpg

espritinterior009ab3.jpg

espritinterior008xl8.jpg

espritinterior005yf4.jpg

espritinterior007bg5.jpg

espritinterior003cm8.jpg

espritinterior018va2.jpg

espritinterior011rz8.jpg

espritinterior017fi9.jpg

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Franky, Franky, what can i say ;):(

A great car to restore, and you are doing a great job keep the updates coming

and the pics, it must be the year of the jps s2 as people are finally starting

to properally restore these fine looking beasts.. top marks and keep up the good

work

regards danny ;)

A

Thx Danny!!!

The engine and gearbox are still in the car, but will go off next week to get ready to start working on it after holidays in September...

I'm really happy with the interior result...everything smells new...and looks new...oh well...it's new!!!! :P

By the way...anyone has (or knows where to find) the parts tech book from the Esprit S2? I'll need it to take parts away...and take them back to original position!!! ;)

Franky

Lotus Exige S2