Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Harness advice - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Harness advice

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Schroth ASM 4 points are the default choice. Easy fit and can be kept with standard belts if wanted. They do a lotus specific fit to allow you to use existing lap belt mounts.

These ones: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/schroth-lotus-elise-exige-ii-fe-asm-saloon-harness-9115

If you’re ok with 6 points that’s a safer all round choice, but you will need to add the mounting bar against the cross member under the seat and many don’t like crotch straps. Plus you’ll need to change seats if you don’t have the carbon seats with the lap hole.

You'll need a harness bar if you don’t have one already, I prefer the type that bolts to the roll bar as the mounting makes more sense, but there are others that mount to the upper seatbelt brackets. These are the easiest option and you don’t need to cut trim:

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/v6-harness-bar

• Like 1

I bought the trs harnesses as the supplier kept me waiting ages on the schroth ones and Hofmanns had these in stock.

delighted with them.....quality is very good and both cost the same as one schroth.

623DC167-264C-4A9B-B1DB-845018DE1224.jpeg

19CE8AFA-4937-4766-8443-2A26EBE1D3BB.jpeg

C16B3586-6DCC-4E1A-80C1-8987466944CE.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

Thanks chaps im probably stating the obvious but I assume you need a harness bar whichever way you go?

Yep, various options available. The one I linked to would be easiest to fit. Personally prefer the traditional bolt behind the roll bar type, but that’s much more work to fit but not hard

I bought Schroth Lotus harnesses and bar from SeriouslyLotus more than a year ago, but then decided to not use those until I get to sort out a hans device - somehow the idea of being pinned to the seat with helmet on my head started looking unappealing in case of any accident.

Used 4-point harnesses in the other car before and was always very happy with very tangible improvement in the connection to the car and possibility to focus on working with pedals, steering wheel and gearbox (as opposed to holding on to them with the standard seatbelts). Just never thought about neck safety aspect of it.

Edited by vd9

2 hours ago, vd9 said:

I bought Schroth Lotus harnesses and bar from SeriouslyLotus more than a year ago, but then decided to not use those until I get to sort out a hans device - somehow the idea of being pinned to the seat with helmet on my head started looking unappealing in case of any accident.

Used 4-point harnesses in the other car before and was always very happy with very tangible improvement in the connection to the car and possibility to focus on working with pedals, steering wheel and gearbox (as opposed to holding on to them with the standard seatbelts). Just never thought about neck safety aspect of it.

Does the hans device also stop your head tilting right and left by any chance while tracking? I've noticed on hard turns i tend to tilt my head too much. maybe i need to start working out my neck muscles like F1 drivers 🤔

32 minutes ago, mark248am said:

Does the hans device also stop your head tilting right and left by any chance while tracking? I've noticed on hard turns i tend to tilt my head too much. maybe i need to start working out my neck muscles like F1 drivers 🤔

It restricts a bit, but not something that would hold your head in place round a corner though

5 hours ago, mark248am said:

Buy a lighter helmet 😉 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mark248am said:

Does the hans device also stop your head tilting right and left by any chance while tracking?

I'm afraid we still have to do this bit ourselves. I find it tricky as well. :stuart:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

What about official Lotus harness bars in Exige Sport 410 / Cup 430 ?

In Cup 430, sounds like the solution is the 'A' frame inside the roll hoop.
But then, strangely, the airbags seem to be removed. Perhaps we can ask to keep them when ordering the car ?
The rear bulkhead also seems to be removed. However Lotus told me that 430 with the 'A' frame have fitted bulkhead / trim panels fitted, but I was not able to find photos of such a configuration...
Lotus also told me that All Cup 430’s are built with 'A' frames... Strange as there are many many photos of Cup 430 without the 'A' frame...
Perhaps things have changed recently...
Any experience on these points ?

What about Sport 410 ?
Any official Lotus solution when ordering the car ?
I was only able to find aftermarket solution, which looks rather strange for such a car...

Many thanks for your help !