Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sold the 410 :’( but we all love dogs - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sold the 410 :’( but we all love dogs

london_v

So, my Evora 410 was sold last week and I can’t believe how much I’m missing it! It was a short stint, but I didn’t think the car would leave such a mark.

Given the arrival of new puppy and having to save for a wedding next year, I sold the 410 to get into a more practical car for trips away whilst also (& more importantly) releasing equity to contribute to next year’s wedding. I ended up getting an X3M40i...lovely car btw if anyone is considering one!

I’ve already done my sums and will look to get back into an Evora next year (most likely a GT410 as I can’t quite stretch to GT430 money). And the X3M40i can be Mrs V’s daily.

Anyway, hopefully the chap who’s bought my car is on the forum. The only 410 Sport Auto on the road (I believe). Enjoy the car and drive in good health bud!

V

32 minutes ago, london_v said:

Anyway, hopefully the chap who’s bought my car is on the forum. The only 410 Sport Auto on the road (I believe).

There were officially 4 in the country and I believe there were 2 in London. A grey one that got sold by HR Owen (yours?) and a white one sold by Hexagon.

So pretty rarely on the market. 3 were old last year so guess were off the road with dealer for a bit.

We need more of those In London so hopefully you are back in one soon.

Better still ditch the puppy (it's not even Christmas) and cancel the wedding. That way you save going into the marriage and don't need to cough up anything for any divorce either.  You know it makes sense.

Can't believe you shifted from a scalpel to a blunt potato peeler.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Haha your wife must love that positive outlook you have assuming you’re still married. Plus I take it you’ve not driven the X3M40i if you call its 3 litre inline-six B58 engine capable of 0-60 in 4.2 seconds a potato peeler 😂. Needs change and that’s ok, chaps.

25 years in October mate. Hope yours lasts as long 

The engine may be great, but it's still a potato peeler, just a powerful one.

However hope you enjoy it and hope to see you back in a sports car from Hethel...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Congrats, keep going that’s a solid innings. 

With that logic the Evora is a potato peeler to the Ferrari 488, Lambo Huracan, Ford GT, etc  

Keep waving the flag for the lotus fam and I’ll join you again soon 

1 hour ago, london_v said:

Congrats, keep going that’s a solid innings. 

With that logic the Evora is a potato peeler to the Ferrari 488, Lambo Huracan, Ford GT, etc  

Keep waving the flag for the lotus fam and I’ll join you again soon 

Nope it is not. You see the Evora looks like a scalpel, handles like a scalpel and cuts like a scalpel.

The X3 will always be a blunt potato peeler in comparison - capable to cut yes, a precision cutting tool no.  But, as we have said, needs must and I get it, just try not to fool yourself into thinking you've swapped one craftsman built sports car for another.

Anyways, i do wish you well and I do believe you will be back. Cheerio

The small print.

• Gold FFM

ive learnt a lot about potato peelers this morning....  

• Haha 2

I see you have a campervan @andyj007 so you'll be familiar with how the X3 handles lol.....

I need to stop it - sorry - just struggle with the concept of "performance" and "SUV" although haven't seen a Range Rover SVR being thrown around behind a GTR at knockhill circuit - I swear you can see the front wheel flexing out of shape with the stresses!

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I had an x1 msport 225 bhp never again sold it after three months

Ok, but be aware the law would suggest otherwise. Your pup needs to be suitably restrained so he can’t distract you while driving. Front or back seat of Evora doesn’t lend itself to that, as I considered doing that with mine. If your pup will stay small, you could get away with a harness + seatbelt combo. I have a soon to be 40 kg dog that handles better than a scalpel, and needs enough room to maneuver with her special scalpel moves 

A 40kg dog. Are you sure you've not been sold a piglet lol....

I am sorry for the grief but your thread has turned into being about my 2 pet hates:

Dogs

Performance SUVs

I know the whole forum will hate me for this but I just don't get the whole dog ( well pet thing really) thing.

I mean, if you want to go for a lovely walk in the country you have, in my humble opinion, two ways to instantly spoil it. One is with a bag of sticks and some balls over your shoulder. The other is to take a dog. Also with a dog you have the instant ability to spoil the walk of others who don't like the things.  They are just shit machines.  Shit everywhere and as for the owners who don't keep them on a lead. Don't pick the shit up. Or bag it then tie the bag of shit on a tree branch and say "oh I'll pick it up on my way back". My shitey arse they do....

@london_v - thank you my friend. I was in need of a good rant to get rid of some pent up stress. This has been quite the tonic. You're a star 😅😂🤣

• Confused 1

The small print.

2 hours ago, DBG said:

we’re currently raising a (now) 4 month old Beagle. Good fun. 

He is super adorable - I commend your bravery, our dog gets absolutely no where near my Evora!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I know the whole forum will hate me for this but I just don't get the whole dog ( well pet thing really) thing.

oh mate that's a shame - but I get the sh*tt*ng everywhere bit 🤣

For me though, dogs can enrich your life like having children does.  They are loving, affectionate and heart warming animals; they have their own zany quirks that make you smile, laugh and yes, sometimes yell at.

Fish on the other hand, don't get me started on fish.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Techyd said:

For me though, dogs can enrich your life like having children does

Children don't enrich your life. They impoverish it. Depending on how my daughter says "daddy" I can work out if the ask is going to be for £25, £100, or a couple of grand! 

You are rich (in that you have some money, lots of free time, the ability to do what you want when you want with who you want). Then you meet THE girl. Then bang. You're married. Kids arrive. Then to rub salt in the wound for some men the kids demand a dog while the man has to then train it, walk it, pay for it, feed it etc.

This is not enrichment. This is impoverishment.  To all single men out there. Don't do it!  It's not worth it. And when the sex dries up you'll end up paying for that too and be even more impoverished.......

Hahahahahahaha..............................   Only joking of course. Keep calm and have a cuppa......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The small print.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I am sorry for the grief but your thread has turned into being about my 2 pet hates:

Dogs

Performance SUVs

I was going to suggest a therapeutic ride in my Evora-beating blistering performance SUV to Puppy school this Thursday. They’re handing out kennel club bronze certificates too. Good times.

But instead I’ll swing by and say hello in my Hethel toy en route to NC500 next year. That’s forum brotherhood right there

• Love 1

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Dogs

Have to agree with you Andy, at the risk of continuing the thread drift and alienating ones-self from the general opinion on here as regards to dogs, I never could stand dogs, but the fact that my daughter is scarred for life (Face) as a result of my little brothers dog and my nephew (older brother) is also scarred for life (also face) when their dopey/friendly lab that they had had for years one day decided the circumstances were right to bite him has rather put the tin hat on it.

I could continue the rant, but I'll simply leave it with the comment, suffice to say I do not find any uninvited interaction with a dog acceptable in any way, contrary to the seeming opinion of most dog owners.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.