Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Calling All S1/S2/Pre '85 S3 Owners Worldwide! - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Calling All S1/S2/Pre '85 S3 Owners Worldwide!

How could it be a scam? All we're asking for is interest.

If dealer wish to purchase stock, then that is good and will of course help us convince Lotus that this is a feasible business plan for them. Please keep me informed of how you get along...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The only U.S. vendor I feel comfortable talking to about this is Ray at R.D. Enterprises. I really only call him any more for parts, and sometimes JAE; the others I haven't talked to in years.

I am going out of town for the weekend, but Monday or Tuesday I will read up on the whole thing again and call Ray, see what he has to say, etc. :whistle:

I honestly believe, though, that there are others on here who have more credibility with the yahoogroup, vendors, and Lotus Ltd. than I. I don't feel I would be listened to by anyone other than Ray at R.D.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Phone call to the club sec? Or to the responsible party at Lotus?

It just seems like an untapped resource; I recall back in 2003 when Kato was trying to forge links with Graham Arnold (and the abortive "Team Esprit" effort) that numbers were compared, and CL Esprit ownership dwarfed anything on Yahoo even at its peak.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I could speak to Jeff at JAE and ask if they could put something on their web site to encourage owners to express any interest they may have. I'm in Florida at the moment but will call him when I get home.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I just talked to Ray at R.D. Enterprises. He is interested to know more about it. However, he is leaving for LOG (Lotus Owners Gathering, mega huge North American club event) tomorrow and will be away for a couple of weeks.

I sent him an email with links to the LEW news pages and LEF threads that discuss the suspension upgrade.

He said he may have a chance to look at it today, but will definitely look into it when he gets back.

Bibs and Kato -- I gave him your email addresses as the main contacts -- hope you don't mind! :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

The S3 has a completely different front suspension from the S1 and S2. It is more like that on the Elite and Eclat and similar to the old Europa, I believe, sing Triumph uprights.

But don't panic! There is an upgrade kit for the S3 and Turbo. Links to the relevant pages of Lotus Esprit World are below.

S3 suspension bushes

Turbo spring/dampers

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Thanks USAndretti42. On reflection that was a daft question as I should have known the S3 has a very different chassis and suspension which came from the turbo. It's been a while since my gold S2 departed.

I see we are mostly S1/S2 owners here but does anyone know whether the early S3 suspension can be replaced with the Toyota setup fitted to the S3 from 1985 - or was the chassis altered for this? Thanks and please excuse the very temporary hijack of this thread.

Regards,

Si

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the rate this is going, I'd better say put me down for two! (I mean that seriously.)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• 2 weeks later...

I had an e-mail from the factory this week.

No news yet but Brian hopes to talk to MJK next week.

As soon as I hear anything I will let you know.

Hope its soon... thats a year my car has been at the factory now... fingers crossed

Was beginning to wonder if the factory had your car all this time, Gordon, a dubious distinction, I feel your pain and we appreciate your sacrifice! :P

I do hope we get some word one way or another soon, I'm starting to look at other options (having Koni rebuild my originals and having new springs made to spec). That's second choice, but I would like to get my car back together this decade!

:D

Eric

Okay, who on here is a member of Lotus Ltd.? (USA Lotus club)

Somebody who is, please have a blurb about this put in the reMarque (newsletter). Contrary to what a lot of us think, there are plenty of people who own these cars but barely do email, much less spend all day on a web forum! :D

Perhaps someone could be a middle-man who forum-phobic reMarque readers can voice their commitment to, and in turn he posts them on this thread as he gets them.

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• 5 weeks later...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've counted 35 interested people here...

...there's no more S2's?

I'm just getting an S1 club racer project going so count me in as well ( price is a consideration as well)

Hi

I would be interested but I would need to know the development aims.

I have already bought one pair of rear springs from Lotus (not a cheap exercise to Down Under)to try and raise the S1 to standard height and the were as bad as the ones I took out - no worse - now it is lower on one side.

B) .................xisab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...