Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Power upgrades for Evora 400 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Power upgrades for Evora 400

Hello @Lotus1 and welcome to TLF. :welcome:

If your Evora is a 2018 model, it must be a 400 (at least). In which case, your car already has a charge-cooled, Edelbrook supercharger. Don’t bother thinking about changing it for a Harrop s/c. 

It is relatively easy to get 430 or 460bhp out of your engine. If you want 500bhp+, you might need to start thinking about changing some internals as well. 

• Like 1

I have to admit, now my 400 is out of warranty I was starting to wonder about the TVS1900.   Given that the 400 already has the plumbing etc for the charge-cooler, I was curious if anyone had looked at putting the charge-cooled TVS1900 in one.  Would it be easier/cheaper than fitting to an 'S' due to the changes already there?  How would it compare to some of the other options for the 400?

51 minutes ago, nigelh said:

I have to admit, now my 400 is out of warranty I was starting to wonder about the TVS1900.   Given that the 400 already has the plumbing etc for the charge-cooler, I was curious if anyone had looked at putting the charge-cooled TVS1900 in one.  Would it be easier/cheaper than fitting to an 'S' due to the changes already there?  How would it compare to some of the other options for the 400?

Why bother, this SC is only nominally larger than that in the 400.  There are cheaper and quicker ways to gain power past the point of worrying about the transmission on every drive.  1) tune to about 430, 2) exhausts manifold mods, 3) tune on (2), + CAI Intake, to 460 4) + Cams & tune too 480, 5) port  intake & exhaust ports in head , valve springs + pistons& piston rod replacement for strength, to 500+ 5a) or install 4 liter liners along with pistons 

On 23/06/2019 at 17:02, Lotus1 said:

Hi I just bought a 2018 Evora  looking for more horsepower 

Welcome to the forums! Can’t offer any advice on upgrades myself but show us your car! ;)

I highly recommend the Komo Tec EV4-435 kit.  It is just a reflash of your ECU and my car picked up about 30 horsepower at the wheels when measured on a dyno.  Komo Tec also offers other power upgrades but they are a lot more money.   

12 hours ago, Julian73 said:

Why bother, this SC is only nominally larger than that in the 400.  There are cheaper and quicker ways to gain power past the point of worrying about the transmission on every drive.

Unless someone has worked out the costs of fitting the charge-cooled TVS1900 to a 400 it's surely not so easy to compare the costs with other power related upgrade options.

It's also worth noting that since this topic has been split off from the TVS1900 topic, my initial comment now looks completely out of context.

As much as I love my non cc'd TVS1900 Evora S, if I had a 400 as a starting point I would only look at the options retaining the OEM sc and cc when upgrading BHP and Torque. Starting with a NA or S, the TVS is a no brainer IMHO.