Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
488 Pista - pathetic paint - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

488 Pista - pathetic paint

The time stamp for the bad paint is 4:30

Worryingly they have 5 of these in for work that week... doesn't look well for Ferrari IMO.

Total incompetence on Ferrari's side, both in workmanship and the QC side of things. That's probably a £300k car ( seeing as it starts at £250k odd and is "Tailor made" )
To illustrate my point further, my 370z Nismo came out the factory with no swirls or holograms and still didn't have any after 9000 miles of daily use in a year.

Step it up Ferrari, or are you just going to ban reviews again a la Chris Harris for stating your flaws...? 

6 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

So do Ferrari UK send the cars to those guys for rectification prior to the customers accepting delivery? Surely the customers don't just accept it and pay for the extra work themselves?

Yes and no. Sometimes a dealer will do it if the customer notices and complains, or haggles it into the deal. Otherwise the customer is SOOL. Some dealerships have their own detailing staff to fix this issue too I believe?

I have a friend who has just swapped his 458 for a brand new 488 and mentioned he had booked it in to for PPF, but said he wouldn't trust the dealer to do it on account of the Ferrari factory paint finish being so poor as standard and that his usual detailer would be doing some rectification work prior to the PPF being applied.

Is there something wrong with Ferrari or do we just have greater expectations of the paint finish we want?

It's not just Ferrari, I have a detailer friend who says Mclaren also have issues, but not as bad. I think they're rushing the paint stages. Any half competent detailer should be able to fix that, and prevent it.

Not exactly a mass production car, so if its delayed a day or two surely that's fine? 

A new order bmw is 6 weeks, yet they churn out hundreds all day long! 

Imagine you spent £300k on a Pista or similar car, only to find they couldn't be bothered to look it over! 

A lot of work the detailers do can't be done on fresh paint and the manufacturer is not going to wait 6 weeks 

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 3 weeks later...

So are you guys not going to buy 488 Pista now or will just be vigilant and make sure the dealer sorts this out before collection? :blush:

1 hour ago, vd9 said:

So are you guys not going to buy 488 Pista now or will just be vigilant and make sure the dealer sorts this out before collection? :blush:

I'll order a better car from the likes of Mclaren thanks, and pocket the change for trackdays :P

Not a Ferrari fan, but neither is my wallet :P 

2 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I'll order a better car from the likes of Mclaren

Probably makes sense, will be interesting to read your trackday comparison of a new McLaren (which one are you going to go for?) vs an Exige

1 minute ago, vd9 said:

Probably makes sense, will be interesting to read your trackday comparison of a new McLaren (which one are you going to go for?) vs an Exige

I was taking the piss 🤣 

I can barely afford the Exige, but still make it work with careful spending

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I'll order a better car from the likes of Mclaren thanks, and pocket the change for trackdays :P

Not a Ferrari fan, but neither is my wallet :P 

This is more and more of a problem with cars.  You may switch to a McLaren and find the same problem following you.